The Student Room Group

Which are good and worst Schools of Pharmacy?

please don't hesitate to share the views of your friends and family members.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so far i have heard bad things about kingston university and medway school of pharmacy such as the course is unorganised and the way they treat their students.
Reply 2
Depends what you're looking for. There are league tables but those include pharmacology and they also take into account the entry requirements which I don't really think is important in a league table, but maybe have a look on sites like uni stats, whatuni, whichuni and see what the students at each one have voted them for things like student satisfaction :smile:
UEA is awesome. :biggrin:
Reply 4
My uncle thinks that london met and brunel are good while my friends dog thinks that as long as it's not oxbridge you will be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
My uncle thinks that london met and brunel are good while my friends dog thinks that as long as it's not oxbridge you will be fine :smile:

London met and brunel don't do pharmacy and i think there is no uni called oxbridge. I can be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Oxbridge = Oxford or Cambridge but neither of them do Pharmacy, only Pharmacology
Reply 7
Original post by demetria
Oxbridge = Oxford or Cambridge but neither of them do Pharmacy, only Pharmacology

ohh it make sense now. your frnd's dog needs to see a vet :rolleyes:. i am just kidding:biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
UEA is awesome. :biggrin:

yeah i have heard only good things about pharmacy at UEA and apparently they are one of the top pharmacy schools according to league tables. Do you study pharmacy there?
Original post by pharmaboy
yeah i have heard only good things about pharmacy at UEA and apparently they are one of the top pharmacy schools according to league tables. Do you study pharmacy there?

Yep :biggrin:
Reply 10
Yep :biggrin:

would you mind if i ask you which year you are in?
would you mind if i ask you which year you are in?

Almost halfway through second year now
Reply 12
Almost halfway through second year now

which of the pharmacy year doesnt count in UEA?
which of the pharmacy year doesnt count in UEA?

First year doesn't count towards your final degree, after that, second year is worth 20, third year is worth thirty and fourth year is fifty, I believe
QUB is very highly ranked for Pharmacy.
Reply 15
First year doesn't count towards your final degree, after that, second year is worth 20, third year is worth thirty and fourth year is fifty, I believe

How's University of East Anglia like?

How's Campus, facilities and teaching?
Reply 16
Original post by GR3YFOXXX
QUB is very highly ranked for Pharmacy.

Are u currently studying there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are u currently studying there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't do Pharmacy. I studied Law at QUB from 2007 - 2011. My best mate did Pharmacy there, he qualified last year and has now gotten a job with Boots.
Reply 18
I am in 4th year at Huddersfield and I couldn't recommend it higher, jumping up the league tables every year and won the Time University of the Year this year!
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/huddersfield-named-university-of-the-year-2013/2009464.article

If you are looking for friendly and modern (both campus and course content) its a good place to look :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by GR3YFOXXX
No I didn't do Pharmacy. I studied Law at QUB from 2007 - 2011. My best mate did Pharmacy there, he qualified last year and has now gotten a job with Boots.

I have seen the campus in pictures and it looks really nice. I wish i had gone there to study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending