The Student Room Group

[Mod Title Edit: Tom Daley reveals relationship with man]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by desdemonata
He's not gay, he's bi.

In any case, brave of him to come out.

Original post by HarryJames
I think people are confused, he hasn't said he's gay. He said he's going out with a guy but finds girls attractive still to me that implies he's bi

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. He's bisexual.

I think it's a shame we live in a world where this is newsworthy or that people will judge him for it. Oh well, baby steps I suppose. We're doing better than a couple of decades a go.
Reply 61
Original post by desdemonata
He's not gay, he's bi.

In any case, brave of him to come out.

Exactly.

While most would have assumed he is gay, or bisexual as is the case, sexuality is rarely discussed in professional sports. For someone so high profile to 'come out' can only be a good thing.
Original post by Sir Killalot
It was pretty obvious anyway, and who really cares in the first place?

Yep - its like back when Stephen Gately came out as guy, there were women in tears over it and most blokes were like "we know"

and id never heard of this guy
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Alpha brah
Is this really worthy of the "news and current affairs" section? :facepalm:

You probably care about it more than I do OP. What a stupid thread title.

They even reported it on ITV news and had a 5 minute discussion about it. :rofl:
Reply 64
Original post by Ripper-Roo
They even reported it on ITV news and had a 5 minute discussion about it. :rofl:

In other "news," Kim Kardashian has just dyed her hair! :borat: :biggrin:
Reply 65
I never heard of this guy before so don't exactly care.
Reply 66
How in the name of **** is this news
Lol no surprise about this but on earth is this news.
Attention seeking little twunt.
Reply 69
Original post by Wilfred Little

Mmm what an interesting response...

Sounds he would rather keep it private - it is no one's business, BUT he did it to stop the endless tedious media speculation........ Who are in turn just giving the public what sells..... it is pathetic that people take such an interest in who someone wants to date... !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Original post by Wilfred Little

No not really. Since he stated in the video that there was already a great deal of speculation about his private live and his love life all he was doing was addressing that, hence not really adding to the attention he seeks but answering a question as it were. He clearly wasn't doing it for attention.
the way he casually goes "of course i still fancy girls" ...

it isn't fooling anyone tom.

he won't be diving into any muff anytime soon.
Reply 72
Original post by martin jol
the way he casually goes "of course i still fancy girls" ...

it isn't fooling anyone tom.

he won't be diving into any muff anytime soon.

'won't be diving into any muff anytime soon'

You sir, are a poet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:laugh:
Original post by thunder_chunky
No not really. Since he stated in the video that there was already a great deal of speculation about his private live and his love life all he was doing was addressing that, hence not really adding to the attention he seeks but answering a question as it were. He clearly wasn't doing it for attention.

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with his new TV series starting in a few weeks.
I've recently come out as well...

(edited 10 years ago)
Why this is news baffles me and even sadder that he felt the need to come out. It looks like we're not quit in the new century yet!
Reply 77
TBH, I'm glad he was able to come out on his own terms as potentially he might have been sprung by the newspapers sooner rather than later and I imagine that wouldn't be nice for your sexuality to be outed in public by a sleazy red-top.

If he's happy then good for him but again, like many others, I don't particularly care for the sexual orientation's of celebrities/footballers - their private lives are private unless they want to make it public.

I'm not a fan of the guy anyway tbh so not that fussed but there is a cynic in me considering as said above, he's got some TV series coming out which breeds suspicion. Just amazed that it came on Sky News as Breaking News.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending