The Student Room Group
Hi,
I have been working at ikea for the last 3 years im leaving this month and what a 3 years its been. What deparment are you hoping to work on? I work on the checkouts and most of the time it really busy and customers can be stressy/ angry but some can be really nice.Be prepare for this other then that it has not been too bad working there. Its quite good pay,you get an Xmas pressie, easter egg and good staff benefits. You can also develop your role.
Regaring the selection process i was asked to an informal group meeting where we did group activities that lasted about an hour and half. Then i was asked for an interview one to one with my manager. questions asked were why do you want to work for ikea how would you provide good customer service etc. Then if you get a job you go for a 2-3 day induction. Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 2
Hiya, thanks for that. Ive applied for a cashier position so that would be the same as what you did. I was expecting the angry/stressed out sutomers, ive seen them many times when ive been shopping there myself!
The selection process sounds quite good, hopefully i'll hear from them soon!
Reply 3
I have applied for the cashier postion, does anyone know the pay and if paid weekly or monthly, thanks
Golden
I have applied for the cashier postion, does anyone know the pay and if paid weekly or monthly, thanks

I think the starting rate is £5.13 seeing as your in london it may be more and then for every year worked it goes up. You get paid monthly.

Latest

Trending

Trending