The Student Room Group

Re Applying after dropping out

I dropped out of my course within 2 months. I am re applying through ucas but i do not know where i mention about dropping out. Ucas keep saying i do it under the education section but i am still not sure, can anyone help?
Original post by mchughbaii
I dropped out of my course within 2 months. I am re applying through ucas but i do not know where i mention about dropping out. Ucas keep saying i do it under the education section but i am still not sure, can anyone help?

Ask your tutors at school - I think you do have to but they shouldn't discriminate as this is really common.
Reply 2
I dropped after a year and a half of my course and all I put was a couple of sentences in my personal statement. I said that I enjoyed my time studying this course, however the course ultimately wasn't right for me, and I gave a list of skills that I had developed while I was there. Now I have 3 unconditional offers and an interview.

The way I look at it is that universities aren't all that bothered if you have tried and failed a different course or the same course at a different uni, they want to know if you have learned anything from the experience. But don't quote me on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending