The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For fear of a low content post, NO.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So today, I got diagnosed with herpes. 'm pretty down about it, but I know I am entirely to blame I was careless and now I'm paying the price. :frown:

And now I'm just worried that no guy will want to date me once he finds out I've got herpes, which is understandable...

Guys, if you met the 'perfect' girl but she had herpes would you still want to date her?

Nope.
Reply 3
:facepalm: I doubt it...
lmao i'd like to think not.
So today, I got diagnosed with herpes. 'm pretty down about it, but I know I am entirely to blame I was careless and now I'm paying the price. :frown:

And now I'm just worried that no guy will want to date me once he finds out I've got herpes, which is understandable...

Guys, if you met the 'perfect' girl but she had herpes would you still want to date her?

I really don't think many guys would...I wouldn't....
Sorry, i know these probably aren't the responses you want.
lol, no.
Reply 7
If you were hot then I'd still let you give me a handjob.
Reply 8

Awkward moment when you realize you are not perfect... Until you are cured that is! At least now you will be able to concentrate on your studies and be a good doctor or a lawyer! Take care!
Does herpes stick with you forever? Doesn't it have a cure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Wouldn't date nor sex, I know you wont, but I hope to God you tell guys before they sleep with you.
Reply 11

If she was perfect for me, maybe.
Reply 12
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does. No cure.
Reply 13
Original post by RedArrow
Awkward moment when you realize you are not perfect... Until you are cured that is! At least now you will be able to concentrate on your studies and be a good doctor or a lawyer! Take care!

Herpes sticks with you forever, you can have unprotected sex with someone who has it and not get it, unless it flares up. I don't know how often flare ups happen though.

If a guy I was dating told me he had herpes I don't know what I'd do to be honest. I'd certainly be a bit wary, and I guess it would depend on how well I knew them, how much I liked them, possibly how they got it (like, partner cheated or was it from an orgy, as an extreme example.

OP, have you considered looking up support groups online or something? They might give you a better idea of your dating possibilities.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Can be kept under control with drugs but no cure.
..I guess OP is referring to genital herpes and not oral herpes?

From what I read oral herpes is very common, even in children and can be caught by sharing cups/culterly.

Is this true and is it possible to avoid oral herpes if you just do not kiss anyone and do not share cutlery with anyone because if so I am going to keep my lip virginity :rofl:

By oral herpes i mean the one where people develop cold sores on their mouths. The thing is though I read that sometimes it is suppressed so even if a person has no cold sores they may have oral herpes :eek:

Does anyone know if from oral herpes you can catch genital herpes? I'm sure I read that they were caused by different strains of a particular virus
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
I'm pretty sure it's only contagious once it flares up. And why can't people, you know, use protection? :erm:
Original post by TheGreaterGood
..I guess OP is referring to genital herpes and not oral herpes?

From what I read oral herpes is very common, even in children and can be caught by sharing cups/culterly.

Is this true or is it possible to avoid oral herpes if you just do not kiss anyone and do not share cutlery with anyone. If so I might just decide to keep my lip virginity :rofl:

My oral herpes i mean the one where people develop cold sores on their mouths. The thing is though I read that sometimes it is suppressed so even if a person has no cold sores they may have oral herpes :eek:

Does anyone know if from oral herpes you can catch genital herpes? I'm sure I read that they were caused by different strains of a particular virus

****ed up;
Reply 18
I'm not a guy, but I'd date a guy or girl with herpes. I'd have to do more research to be sure, but can't it only be transmitted when it's flaring up, like a coldsore? So long as we were careful not to do anything when it was flaring up, I wouldn't mind dating someone with herpes.

I hope you'll be okay, anyhow.
Reply 19
Original post by Tai Ga
I'm pretty sure it's only contagious once it flares up. And why can't people, you know, use protection? :erm:

I've always used protection. It's not as easy as that. Dont make assumptions

Latest

Trending

Trending