The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

English Applicants at Nottingham

Hi guys, I've just received an offer from Nottingham to study English, I was wondering if anyone else with an offer has been invited to the UCAS Open Day? It says on the website that they run them for every subject so was just wondering whether anyone's got an email yet, thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by Alexei W
Hi guys, I've just received an offer from Nottingham to study English, I was wondering if anyone else with an offer has been invited to the UCAS Open Day? It says on the website that they run them for every subject so was just wondering whether anyone's got an email yet, thank you! :biggrin:

I received an offer today, too...haven't got an email from them yet, no.
We'll just have to wait and see

Still excited though! Did you get a conditional offer ? :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I got an offer for English and Philosophy a few weeks ago but they invited me to the Philosophy UCAS day, though they said I'd be finding out about my other subject too.
Confused.
Reply 3
Original post by Ellie_1996
I received an offer today, too...haven't got an email from them yet, no.
We'll just have to wait and see

Still excited though! Did you get a conditional offer ? :smile:

I got a letter in the post from them today so I imagine you'll get one in the next week. Exciting!

Yeah, it's an AAA conditional. Well done on your offer! Is it conditional too?
Reply 4
I'm starting on the reading list now, since I have nothing better to do :P
Reply 5
Original post by Lialore
I'm starting on the reading list now, since I have nothing better to do :P

OMG! could you link me to the reading list? i'm reading a book at the mo, but it's never too soon to start on Nottingham's fabulous recommendations! :biggrin:
Reply 6

I've just booked my visit day for Friday 21st Feb! ahhh so excited! but it's such a long way away! :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by HollyOnIce
OMG! could you link me to the reading list? i'm reading a book at the mo, but it's never too soon to start on Nottingham's fabulous recommendations! :biggrin:

Check out http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/english/prospective/undergraduate/readinglist.aspx

Luckily, my college library has all of them.
I'm starting on Wolf Hall and Persuasion though.
Reply 8
Original post by Lialore
Check out http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/english/prospective/undergraduate/readinglist.aspx

Luckily, my college library has all of them.
I'm starting on Wolf Hall and Persuasion though.

Thank you so much! I MUST READ THESE BEFORE I (HOPEFULLY) GET THE GRADES AND GO TO NOTTINGHAM! :P
Reply 9
I got a letter in the post from them today so I imagine you'll get one in the next week. Exciting!

Yeah, it's an AAA conditional. Well done on your offer! Is it conditional too?

Well done on YOUR offer! Isn't this amazing? I never expected to get offers before christmas!

I completed one A-Level last year (and got an A), so my conditional offer is AA. Hopefully not impossible!

I got a letter, too. Have you booked your UCAS visit day yet? :smile:
Reply 10
I got my offer today for AAA, I'm so happy! :biggrin:
Original post by anilkumar

Congratulations, well done! :smile:
Which visit day are you going on?

AAA seems to be the standard offer so far...d'you think they really take the personal statement into account as much as they say they do?
Reply 12
Congratulations, well done! :smile:
Which visit day are you going on?

AAA seems to be the standard offer so far...d'you think they really take the personal statement into account as much as they say they do?

Definitely. For AS I achieved ABBBCE. The three A2s I'm carrying forward are English Lit, Philosophy and English Language, which I got ABC in respectively. My predicted UCAS grades were AAC. I'm convinced that the thing that got me this offer was my personal statement. It's obviously not impossible, but it's certainly a huge challenge to get an A at A2 from a C at AS, so I think it was my personal statement that gave them the mindset that it was a task I'm capable of.
Original post by anilkumar

Well done! :smile: nottingham is my fave, overjoyed to have received an offer also! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Well done on YOUR offer! Isn't this amazing? I never expected to get offers before christmas!

I completed one A-Level last year (and got an A), so my conditional offer is AA. Hopefully not impossible!

I got a letter, too. Have you booked your UCAS visit day yet? :smile:

Yeah it's so cool! Nor me! Where else have you applied?

Oh brill, nice one! I'm sure you'll get that :smile:

Yeah I've booked for the one in February, how about you?
Reply 15
Original post by HollyOnIce
Thank you so much! I MUST READ THESE BEFORE I (HOPEFULLY) GET THE GRADES AND GO TO NOTTINGHAM! :P

I'm sure you will :biggrin:
I've actually changed my mind, I'm going to be firming Leeds instead. Haha. Indecisive.
Original post by Lialore
I'm sure you will :biggrin:
I've actually changed my mind, I'm going to be firming Leeds instead. Haha. Indecisive.

Aw that's a shame! :frown: but whatever suits you best! Best of luck with Leeds! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending