The Student Room Group

Whats the cheapest place to buy Optimum Nutrition whey protein?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try WWS protein with creatine. Its just as good and tastes great! Only £20 at HealthRack on offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsJord
Try WWS protein with creatine. Its just as good and tastes great! Only £20 at HealthRack on offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wouldnt be £20 if it was just as good :rolleyes: There's a reason this stuff is pricey...
Reply 3
try myprotein. Protein is protein at the end of the day
Original post by 2ndClass
try myprotein. Protein is protein at the end of the day

I've heard good things about myprotein as well and you're right its still protein, but I want the best possible I can get while I'm starting out I guess.
Reply 5
Original post by cranberryjuice1991
I've heard good things about myprotein as well and you're right its still protein, but I want the best possible I can get while I'm starting out I guess.

Then you should buy protein isolate from that website, it's more expensive but only 10% more protein. Standard impact whey is 80%.

Just a word of advice, as you're only starting out, I wouldn't worry too much about the "quality" of the protein. You'll spend the first year understanding your body, perfecting your form and generally finding out which exercises work and don't work for you. By the second and third year is when you'll notice some mass.
Reply 6
Protein isn't just protein. The blends that these brands offer really don't cut it, and 75% protein per serving when you're paying a high amount of money is not worth it. I would suggest looking into Nutrisport 90+. It tastes awful but if you're not taking it for the taste. It's £44 on BodybuildingWarehouse (with 12% TCB)
Discount Supplements do a 12% discount code every few weeks and with that you can get the 4.5kg bag for £73

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by commandant
Discount Supplements do a 12% discount code every few weeks and with that you can get the 4.5kg bag for £73

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not forgetting TopCashback's 7.87%. Brings it to £67.25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 140BPM
Not forgetting TopCashback's 7.87%. Brings it to £67.25

a) TopCashback sounds great. How does that work?
b) I need something till the discount code arrives. Is there anywhere I could get the 908 or 2.27 g really cheap meanwhile?
b) I need something till the discount code arrives. Is there anywhere I could get the 908 or 2.27 g really cheap meanwhile?

2.27kg: http://musclesupermarket.com/product/other/optimumnutrition/on-100-whey-gold-standard-2-27kg-5lbs

908g: http://musclesupermarket.com/product/oats/optimumnutrition/on-100-whey-gold-standard-2lbs (I have a 10% discount code for Muscle Finesse - GEORGIA10

Thanks for that, although I can get it on Amazon for £46 and its delivery would be much quicker. Is there anywhere cheaper than that?
Reply 13

Use SPE13 for 13% off Discount Supplements (over £50 spend)

Sign up to TCB. Purchase the product through the link from their site. They send you the money back after.
Thanks for that, although I can get it on Amazon for £46 and its delivery would be much quicker. Is there anywhere cheaper than that?

Sorry thought I mentioned the discount code TM5 for 5% off.

Also, how do you know Amazon deliver quicker :/ I usually experience quite slow delivery from Amazon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 140BPM

Sign up to TCB. Purchase the product through the link from their site. They send you the money back after.

That code was from back in Oct IIRC. Is it still working then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Discount Supplements now have a 10% discount code: XMAS10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry thought I mentioned the discount code TM5 for 5% off.

Also, how do you know Amazon deliver quicker :/ I usually experience quite slow delivery from Amazon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but it still comes up to around £48.5 even with a discount of 10% :redface:

I would be getting the free trial of Amazon prime which would deliver it next day. I've used that before and it was right on time.
Discount Supplements now have a 10% discount code: XMAS10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ON whey is excluded from this though :frown:
Original post by 140BPM

This one's expired. I've signed up to TCB though...now to wait till someone finds me a discount code :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest