The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Acommodation- sociable

Hi guys,

just wondered which halls are considered to be the most "lively" and "sociable" ?
Reply 1
Owens Park and Oak House have the rep, but your experience is what you make of it.

read the first page of this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
The only Manchester halls I'd recommend to anyone are Oak House, purely based on the fact that they're the only ones I could find that were mixed sex! :eek: Not sure if that's still true, but if it is I'd steer clear of all the other places unless if you're *really* certain you want to live there.
Reply 3
Original post by superwolf
The only Manchester halls I'd recommend to anyone are Oak House, purely based on the fact that they're the only ones I could find that were mixed sex! :eek: Not sure if that's still true, but if it is I'd steer clear of all the other places unless if you're *really* certain you want to live there.

Errr really not sure where you got this info from?! Except st gabriels and st anslems (or however you spell it) they're all mixed sex..
Reply 4
Original post by tillytots
Errr really not sure where you got this info from?! Except st gabriels and st anslems (or however you spell it) they're all mixed sex..

I've stayed in three sets of halls, and the only one that was mixed sex was Oak House. Possibly we mean different things by mixed sex - the ones I stayed in were single sex flats (which they did not advertise on the website), but the buildings were mixed. Single sex flats were not my thing. :no:
Reply 5
Original post by superwolf
I've stayed in three sets of halls, and the only one that was mixed sex was Oak House. Possibly we mean different things by mixed sex - the ones I stayed in were single sex flats (which they did not advertise on the website), but the buildings were mixed. Single sex flats were not my thing. :no:

my flat at whitworth park was mixed sex. I don't think single sex flats is too big a deal,you still see the opposite sex all the time.OP is single sex corridors and that's known to be the most sociable... I can think of other halls off the top of my head with mixed flats too. I guess it's preference though, for me it wouldn't be a massive deal unless I was in gabs or slems
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest