The Student Room Group

Matalan Interview-Help

Yeahhhhhhy igot a job interview at matalan!!!!!!!!!!

But I need advice first, anyone who has had an interview from them or works there I would appreciate your advice on what sort of questions they ask you etc. Should I dress smart? Im thinking yes.

Just general advice from anyone who has had an interview, not neccessaraly from matalan actually, I need all the help I can get as I have never had a job interview before. :redface:

And any opinions on what it is like to work there would be good too, hours and pay ect. Im 16 by the way.

Thanks in advance

Lollie
xXx :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi. Personally not had an interview at Matalan but I'll just offer some advice anyway :smile: Choose to ignore it if you want.

I'd recommend smart but not too smart (not a suit or anything), maybe like a nice long skirt and a trendy top perhaps with some nice jewellery (<<< pretty good advice I think, with me being a guy!!) Find out info about the company. The success story, its background and philosophy, its mission, its products etc.
Reply 2
Hi.

I went for an interview at Matalan a couple of years ago and it wasn't too bad. Just the normal questions like:

Why do you want to work with us?

What can you bring to the job?

What experience have you got?

etc etc.

Then I found out I had got the job and had to go in for a group induction basically to show us round the store, watch some boring health and safety videos, practice on the tills, fill in some forms, get uniform ordered etc etc. I did a 4 hour shift the following day and never went back. I didn't enjoy it basically because I was bored putting clothes out. If I was just on the till, then I wouldnt of minded. Oh well.

When is your interview?

Karen x
I had my interview today and it went well i think although i don't know if i have got the job, I would never give up on a job just after one day because i didn't like putting clothes out, i am the type of person who sticks with something. Im not supposed to having the time of my life, i will just be earning some money and gaining some experience, perhaps i will make some good friends there too.

If you would have stayed a bit longer you probably would have been able to work at the tills. Anyway sorry if that sounded like a bit of a dig at you, it wasn't.

I reckon i would like it there anyway and if it wasn't right for you, it wasn't right for you. :biggrin:

Lollie
YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I got the job :biggrin:

:party: :party: :party:
Reply 5
lollie
Yeahhhhhhy igot a job interview at matalan!!!!!!!!!!

But I need advice first, anyone who has had an interview from them or works there I would appreciate your advice on what sort of questions they ask you etc. Should I dress smart? Im thinking yes.

Just general advice from anyone who has had an interview, not neccessaraly from matalan actually, I need all the help I can get as I have never had a job interview before. :redface:

And any opinions on what it is like to work there would be good too, hours and pay ect. Im 16 by the way.

Thanks in advance

Lollie
xXx :biggrin:

Shop work is dreadful :biggrin:
Reply 6
lollie
YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I got the job :biggrin:

:party: :party: :party:

Well done. :biggrin: When do you start?
Reply 7
Heyy=]
i just got a fone call saying i have an interview tommorow at matalan
and i need serious help on the questions they will ask and answers i should give.
i have never had an interview before because im only 16
i need quick and serious help!
email me ASAP
please=]
thanks .x:smile:
Reply 8
Clicky. :smile:

..and read up :p:
Reply 9
I was wondering if you had a 4 hour shift daily or was it weekly?

Latest

Trending

Trending