The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone here applying for History & IR...?

Or already applied? Anyone..:K:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zedaa

I applied for politics and international relations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by simsim96
I applied for politics and international relations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool... I guess no one has.

Have you got any offers yet..?
Reply 3
Original post by zedaa

well i just applied two days ago actually....so no..
have you? : P
Reply 4
well i just applied two days ago actually....so no..
have you? : P

No, I sent mine off a few days ago too. Lol, at least we're both doing international relations :biggrin:
So what are you predicted?
Reply 5
Original post by zedaa
No, I sent mine off a few days ago too. Lol, at least we're both doing international relations :biggrin:
So what are you predicted?

I got AAB for AS and I'm predicted AAA for A2. u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah international relations :biggrin:
Reply 7
I got AAB for AS and I'm predicted AAA for A2. u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, well done! You're probably going to get an offer very soon lol
I got a ABB for AS and I'm predicted AAB.

How come you want to do politics & IR?
Reply 8
Original post by zedaa
Ohh, well done! You're probably going to get an offer very soon lol
I got a ABB for AS and I'm predicted AAB.

How come you want to do politics & IR?

i hope so ! why did i chose this course? uhmm...cuz its interesting. (lol..dont worry i didnt actually write that in my personal statement!)
well..tb..history was what got me interested in IR. i studied the cold war, and the book i used in class was an undergraduate IR textbook. i found myself fascinated with how delicate relations between countries are & how decisions taken in a foreign country can have a huge impact on our lives. as for politics, i dont have much background in it, but it was the situation in my country (i'm an international student from thailand in case ur wondering) that inspired me to purse the subject. i mean, i pretty much witnessed thailand's economy suffer..plus a range of social issues arise...due to political tension & populist policies alone.

okay i should stop now before i end up writing an essay! id be interested to know why u chose IR as well : )
Reply 9
Original post by zedaa

I just got an offer..have u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
i hope so ! why did i chose this course? uhmm...cuz its interesting. (lol..dont worry i didnt actually write that in my personal statement!)
well..tb..history was what got me interested in IR. i studied the cold war, and the book i used in class was an undergraduate IR textbook. i found myself fascinated with how delicate relations between countries are & how decisions taken in a foreign country can have a huge impact on our lives. as for politics, i dont have much background in it, but it was the situation in my country (i'm an international student from thailand in case ur wondering) that inspired me to purse the subject. i mean, i pretty much witnessed thailand's economy suffer..plus a range of social issues arise...due to political tension & populist policies alone.

okay i should stop now before i end up writing an essay! id be interested to know why u chose IR as well : )

Hey, Congratulations on your offer! Lol, and no offer yet.. :h:

I studied the Cold War :smile:
I generally find history super interesting and I do politics for A level which I'm quite fond of so... I love keeping up with current affairs and just looking how countries relate with each other in the present day and how they've done so in the past.
Idk it's hard to explain without sounding vague, loool, I don't have much background on it too, but it's a combination I'd really like to do... it's a goood mix too. i take a genuine interest in the the subjects, which is what it's all about so yeah that's why i chose it :biggrin:
That actually made me think about it lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
They replied to you fast!
Oh and I'm planning to pursue a career in IR

Original post by DeemzBeamz
Yeah international relations :biggrin:

Oh, i'm guessing you're predicted an A*AA or higher lool. so what motivated you to do the course..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
I've applied with offers for History and IR and just History, I'm yet to decide which I'll go for though... :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by zedaa

Have an offer for Ancient History!
Reply 14
Original post by Clare1996
Have an offer for Ancient History!

Congratulations! For which campus...
Reply 15
Original post by zedaa
Congratulations! For which campus...

Streatham. What's the difference between the two?
Reply 16
Well Streatham have higher entry requirements for some reason.. I still don't know.
And I think it's the campuses that are nicer too compared to Cornwall :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
So which bit of the IR do you think will interest you the most? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Dazed.
I've applied with offers for History and IR and just History, I'm yet to decide which I'll go for though... :smile:

Original post by Dazed.
So which bit of the IR do you think will interest you the most? :smile:

You know, I never saw this post lol so sorry!

I reckon you should go for History & IR, I've heard it's a great and interesting combination.

Well, I looked at the modules available throughout the 3 years (I applied for History & IR w/ Study Abroad so 4 years for me altogether) and the topics taught in the first year seems incredibly intriguing. Globilization of World Politics and Facing the Challenges of World Politics in the 21st Century are the ones that have got me thinking. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by zedaa

yeah i have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending