The Student Room Group

Really bad PWC Partner Interview

Hi guys,

I had PWC partner interview for assurance (graduate scheme) three days ago. After doing some research online and reading about other people's experiences, I was expecting it to be fairly laid back and informal. I prepared really hard though anyway, just and case, and boy, am I glad I did! The partner was not personable at all, and I got a thorough grilling for one hour. Lots of quick fire motivational questions, one after another. I am not a recent graduate and have a few years of work experience, so there were a lot of questions around my motivation for leaving my last role and wanting to do audit. There were lots of questions about my last role and about client service. I think I gave good answers to all questions, and tried as much as possible to persuade the partner that I would be good with clients, managing people etc. Also there were NO COMPETENCY QUESTIONS (nothing like give an example of when you have worked in a team or anything like that).

I found the Partner pretty tough to gel with for the whole hour. He said he would get back to me in the next day or two. I still have not heard back. Given how the interview went should I assume a rejection? Lots of people seem to hear back on the same day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
All you can do is wait and see. It you don't hear back in a few days then call your HR contact.

Don't presume anything though, different partners take different approaches to testing people.
Reply 2
Original post by Xylophone
Hi guys,

I had PWC partner interview for assurance (graduate scheme) three days ago. After doing some research online and reading about other people's experiences, I was expecting it to be fairly laid back and informal. I prepared really hard though anyway, just and case, and boy, am I glad I did! The partner was not personable at all, and I got a thorough grilling for one hour. Lots of quick fire motivational questions, one after another. I am not a recent graduate and have a few years of work experience, so there were a lot of questions around my motivation for leaving my last role and wanting to do audit. There were lots of questions about my last role and about client service. I think I gave good answers to all questions, and tried as much as possible to persuade the partner that I would be good with clients, managing people etc. Also there were NO COMPETENCY QUESTIONS (nothing like give an example of when you have worked in a team or anything like that).

I found the Partner pretty tough to gel with for the whole hour. He said he would get back to me in the next day or two. I still have not heard back. Given how the interview went should I assume a rejection? Lots of people seem to hear back on the same day.

Is it ironic that you're trying to persuade him that you're good with people?
Reply 3
Original post by Bloodbath
Is it ironic that you're trying to persuade him that you're good with people?

Not really, this makes no sense. You can be great with people and still struggle if you come across someone problematic. It is perfectly possible that the OP didn't do great, but it's also possible that this is the partners interview style or that he just got unlucky with who he was given.
Hi guys,

I got a pretty thorough rinsing in my partner interview and still got the job. No point trying to guess the outcome!
Reply 5
Original post by Hedgeman49
I got a pretty thorough rinsing in my partner interview and still got the job. No point trying to guess the outcome!

How long did it take for you to hear back after your interview?
How long did it take for you to hear back after your interview?

Mine wasn't PwC but the message is the same :tongue:

About 3-4 days
Reply 7
Got the offer. Guess it was just the partner's interviewing style.

Lesson for anyone reading this: If you have an unusual (i.e. non laid back) partner interview don't let this put you off / faze you. Remain confident and relaxed and continue trying your best. You wouldn't be there if you weren't an extremely serious consideration.
Reply 8
Got the offer. Guess it was just the partner's interviewing style.

Lesson for anyone reading this: If you have an unusual (i.e. non laid back) partner interview don't let this put you off / faze you. Remain confident and relaxed and continue trying your best. You wouldn't be there if you weren't an extremely serious consideration.

Congrats!
Reply 9
Remember you're interviewing them too - sounds like this partner was one of their

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending