The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Chemistry at Bristol

Hey guys, quick question..

I have a 'Visit Day' for Chemistry at Bristol next week. Has anyone else got one of these and what will they ask me in the informal interview?

Thanks!
Reply 1
The visit day is just to show you what they've got. They want to show you why you must firm their uni that's all, they're not going to ask you chemistry questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Arieisit
The visit day is just to show you what they've got. They want to show you why you must firm their uni that's all, they're not going to ask you chemistry questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate. Do you think that it will lead to an offer in most cases?
Reply 3
Original post by VetScience
Thanks mate. Do you think that it will lead to an offer in most cases?

I thought you already had an offer? :redface:

I don't know if it will lead to an offer but what I said earlier still holds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I thought you already had an offer? :redface:

I don't know if it will lead to an offer but what I said earlier still holds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo, the Visit Day is a pre-offer thing that Bristol do and it involves and tour/informal interview (chat)
Reply 5
Original post by geor
My guy just asked me what I had been studying recently, I said carbonyl compounds and he asked me some very basic reactions of aldehydes. Then it was just some basic stuff on my personal statement and a few non-chemistry questions. It wasn't very hard and was more like a chat, it's only a 1 on 1 interview and is VERY informal (everyone is sat in the same room doing their interviews :tongue:)

Edit: I went to the open day a couple of weeks back :smile:

Thanks very much man! I will brush up on my PS and some Chemistry topic from my A levels.

Have you had an offer yet?
Reply 6
Nooo, the Visit Day is a pre-offer thing that Bristol do and it involves and tour/informal interview (chat)

Oh well I got an offer then got invited to visit day so that's why I assumed you had an offer as well :redface:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh well I got an offer then got invited to visit day so that's why I assumed you had an offer as well :redface:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sweet, well done! Are you starting in 2014?
Reply 8
Oh sweet, well done! Are you starting in 2014?

Yes but I'll probably firm Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending