The Student Room Group

Tattoos

I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my left deltoid (the circular muscle at the very, very top of your arm) reading:

"Living life is easy with eyes closed."

And on my right:

"Donnez moi la puissance pour ce que je dois faire." = Give me the strength for what I must do.

And in the centre of my back (at the top) the infinity sign.

Click here if you do not know what it is:
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/abbey/ap/img/infinity.gif

Scroll to see replies

Ok, think really carefully because remember tattoo's are permanent and not easy to get rid of...
Reply 2
cool, tell me whether it hurts or not
Reply 3
If you know you'll want it forever and like the designs then go for it. Hope you enjoy them.
Reply 4
Living life is easy? It isn't!
Reply 5
I think tattoo's are cheap and tacky. I personally wouldn't get them. Are you planning on getting all 3 in one go?
Will you still want them when you're old and wrinkly?
I've got a mates name on the insde of my leg, now I'm bored, it's stupid.

Make sure youthink this through properley.
Reply 8
Pathetic messages, I have to say.
I have one on the back on my neck. I love it. It hurt, kinda...sharp pain. Well, getting it hurt, but the healing didn't hurt a single bit!!!

The signs you're getting are kinda pathetic, watch out! I like hte infinity sign idea. Don't get the circle around it, though. If you get a circle tattoo and your skin sags/changes shape, the circle will become weirdly oval and also change shape (ew).
Reply 10
my sister has got a fairly big butterfly tattoo on her foot, and she said that was painful, lol, but as above, remember that they're permanent, apart from laser surgery or whatever it is, and that doesn't sound too nice!
Reply 11
DOg
I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my left deltoid (the circular muscle at the very, very top of your arm) reading:

"Living life is easy with eyes closed."

And on my right:

"Donnez moi la puissance pour ce que je dois faire." = Give me the strength for what I must do.

And in the centre of my back (at the top) the infinity sign.

Click here if you do not know what it is:
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/abbey/ap/img/infinity.gif

So you're getting a tattoo that says you're a pretentious ******? :rolleyes: I would like to assume that TSRians know what an infinity symbol looks like ....
Reply 12
DOg
OP
Pathetic messages, I have to say.

Do you mean pathetic replies to my question, or pathetic ideas for the tattoos themselves?
Reply 13
Tattoos are tacky...
Reply 14
depends on who its on imo
Reply 15
DOg

Anterior, medial or posterior deltoid? :rolleyes:
Reply 16
DOg
OP
The medial deltoid - from the lateral margin to the upper surface of the acromion. :wink: :smile:
Reply 17
DOg
The medial deltoid - from the lateral margin to the upper surface of the acromion. :wink: :smile:

i'm surprised.. you do know what you're talking about. :smile:

oh.. and.. avoid phrases being tatooed on you.. i think that looks tacky.

Symbols however.. depending on what symbols you go for (no kanji ****)... can be very nice.

I want the celtic spiral of life tattooed somewhere around or on my shoulderblade at some point. It's all about the symbols.
Reply 18
I might get one.....on my inner wrist. But that's so emo.
Reply 19
If you wanna go emo, get the henna!

Latest

Trending

Trending