The Student Room Group

URGENT!! Hospitality matchday roles?

Hello, I got a hospitality matchday roles job interview as a kiosk assistant at Manchester United this Friday. Anyone aware of any questions that could come up?

I am already familiar with 'why do you want to work for Manchester United?' And 'what would you do if a customer wanted an item which is sold out?'. But any other questions? And how'd i answer if i was asked 'what does customer service mean?' And 'what skills do you carry which will help you for this role?'
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Moaqra
Hello, I got a hospitality matchday roles job interview as a kiosk assistant at Manchester United this Friday. Anyone aware of any questions that could come up?

I am already familiar with 'why do you want to work for Manchester United?' And 'what would you do if a customer wanted an item which is sold out?'. But any other questions? And how'd i answer if i was asked 'what does customer service mean?' And 'what skills do you carry which will help you for this role?'
Thanks.

I had an interview for a similar job at Liverpool FC once.

What does good customer service mean?
-being able to identify the customers' needs
-helping customers efficiently, be friendly at all times
-good knowledge about the products you sell
-going an extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction

And 'what skills do you carry which will help you for this role?'
-good customer service skills
-communication skills
-interpersonal skills
-team working
-cash handling
-ability to work under pressure

They might ask you how you would deal with difficult/ angry customers. They might also ask you if work well under pressure.

You often need to give examples of situations when you've demonstrated those skills. If this is your first job, I'd talk about school/uni, sports club, societies etc

Good luck!
Reply 2
They might ask how flexible you can be over hours, or maybe how you'll get to work as match days are really busy with traffic
Reply 3
I've had the interview and successfully progressed to the next stage, which is induction/training. Which obviously means I got the job. The questions I got asked (for others that may need help) were:
-A time you faced a problem and how you overcame it
-What would you do if a customer approached you and asked for a product that was sold out
-What skills do you carry that will benefit us (e.g. teamworking/problem solving/communication skills)
-What would you do if a customer returned a pie complaining it was cold (obviously you'd file a complaint to the senior staff and apologise to the customer as well as offer them another pie:tongue:)

That's all I remember. I was asked another 1-2 questions (5/6 in total).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending