The Student Room Group

RAF Basic training 12th March 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Do you get a minute break or anything after the bleep test? Or is it straight into press ups?

Original post by SebastianTTTR92
Hi,

We had 96 people on ours, filled 2 barrack blocks! The dates people had were:

26th February
12th March
26th March

You'll be fine. Again it's enjoyable and as soon as the fitness is done it's really all downhill.
I had a nice 70 minute rest after my bleep test, the joys of being in group 1 of 8. You would at minimum get a few minuted between each test.
Reply 62
Ahh should be no trouble then sweet

I had a nice 70 minute rest after my bleep test, the joys of being in group 1 of 8. You would at minimum get a few minuted between each test.
Reply 63
In regards to the functioning skills exams, are they from the usual exam boards (Aqa, edexcel etc) or are they specifically for the RAF??

Liam are you on the PJRC next week?

I think it may have been edexcel.
Reply 65
Yeah mate

Original post by Bhanley87
In regards to the functioning skills exams, are they from the usual exam boards (Aqa, edexcel etc) or are they specifically for the RAF??

Liam are you on the PJRC next week?
Reply 66
Where are you heading there from?
Original post by liam11900
Yeah mate
Reply 67
Looks like everybody is coming from all over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Exeter in Devon
Where are you heading there from?
Reply 69
All done!! Passed everything I needed to!! Are you in block 20??

I think it may have been edexcel.
Reply 70
All done!! Passed everything I needed to!! Are you in block 20??

I am in 20 :biggrin: I can't wait! Just got the final interview to go now. No doubt I saw you or even spoke to you whilst we were at PRTC. What's your trade?
Reply 71
Oh and I'm glad we got the new Alt Berg's too!
Reply 72
Yeah block 20 here too:-) we didnt get a choice of AltBerg on PRTC:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Our PRTC this week were the first apparently. Lucky lucky! Does block 20 have communal or cubicled showers? Communal showers for 10 weeks is going to get tiresome.
Block 20. Pretty sure it's cubicles only BB10 seemed to be communal.

I got YDS boots but they said we'd get the new ones when we a start basic.

Just over 8 weeks to go.
Reply 75
Ideal, not that I don't mind communal it's just easier to get a proper wash in cubicles. Just over 7 weeks to go, 7 weeks on Wednesday to be exact. I've never wanted to do something so much in my whole life.
Wow it is 7! Can't wait to get started now.
Reply 77
I'm applying for weapons tech, can't wait to start!!! The alt-bergs are amazing!! Mine were broken in when I tried them on haha!! So comfortable!
Reply 78
Has anyone received any info about their final interview? I think I may phone the AFCO tomorrow.
Reply 79
I got my info yesterday, my date is the 14th for my final interview!!

Original post by matthewt23
Has anyone received any info about their final interview? I think I may phone the AFCO tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest