The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randlemcmurphy
What are my chances of being accepted to study Maths at Lancaster University, without officially studying Further Maths? I have however taught myself FP1, and will be going through FP2 and FP3 once I have the pre-requisite knowledge.

Hello,

The study of Further Mathematics A-Level is not a requirement as it is not an A-Level subject available at all schools or colleges; As long as you are studying Mathematics A-Level and are on course to achieve AAA including Mathematics there is an excellent chance of an initial offer.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 221
Are you allowed to change your course of study in your first year in case you want to, if you're studying on a student visa?
what are my chances of studying Economics BSc at Lancaster University? My predictions are A*BB but economics requires AAB. I take Economics(A*), English Literature and Maths.

Also, can you do study abroad and get a work placement in the 4 years with Economics BSc or are you only allowed to do one or the other?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RohinGD
Are you allowed to change your course of study in your first year in case you want to, if you're studying on a student visa?

Hello,

Assuming you are qualified to study the alternative course you are able to change your course of study up until a certain point in the first term. If such a change would impact upon your VISA our international student support team would help you make the necessary arrangements.

Lancaster University
Reply 224
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello,

Assuming you are qualified to study the alternative course you are able to change your course of study up until a certain point in the first term. If such a change would impact upon your VISA our international student support team would help you make the necessary arrangements.

Lancaster University

Thank you so much.
Also, what is the required amount of funds required to be shown for financial evidence in order to get the student visa if I was to study IT for creative industries?
Original post by krish1234
what are my chances of studying Economics BSc at Lancaster University? My predictions are A*BB but economics requires AAB. I take Economics(A*), English Literature and Maths.

Also, can you do study abroad and get a work placement in the 4 years with Economics BSc or are you only allowed to do one or the other?

Hello,

There is an excellent chance of an initial offer with your predicted grades, they are very good predictions! It is certainly possible that you would be able to study abroad and then take a work placement term or year, although this may extend the length of the total programme. I advise getting in touch with the Management School who will be able to provide more in depth advice.

Lancaster University
Original post by RohinGD
Thank you so much.
Also, what is the required amount of funds required to be shown for financial evidence in order to get the student visa if I was to study IT for creative industries?

For CAS and VISA questions please contact my colleague Mrs Sheila Hodson by email as it is important that you recevie the correct information, Sheila would be happy to advise you as to the requirements for the CAS and VISA process.

Lancaster University
I have two more questions:
1. What time can we move in on arrival day?
2. I think Im eligible for the national scholarship programme, but I haven't heard anything yet?
Reply 228
What are the employment prospects for IT with Creative Industries?
Hello,

I want to ask about payment for accommodation and tuition fees - when and how can I pay for them? (I haven't applied for SFE)

Thanks
Original post by chloee__
I have two more questions:
1. What time can we move in on arrival day?
2. I think Im eligible for the national scholarship programme, but I haven't heard anything yet?

Hello,

1. Get in touch with your College as they would be happy to let you know the earliest possible arrival time/date, but I believe that you can pick up your keys etc from relatively early on in the morning. Your College should soon be sending you arrival details via email or a College pack.

2. Our student funding team will be in touch with you during your first term in regards to payment of scholarships and bursaries, you do not need to register or take any further steps as all eligible students are considered automatically.

Lancaster University
Original post by RohinGD
What are the employment prospects for IT with Creative Industries?

Hello,

You may want to check out the subject information page, the page lists details on the course, further study and career options as well as UNISTATS details.

Alternatively if you would like to discuss this in more detail I advise getting in touch with the School of Computing and Communications (SCC), the department would be happy to discuss this with you further. You can get in touch via email or telephone on 01524 510311.

Lancaster University
Original post by GoogleMe
Hello,

I want to ask about payment for accommodation and tuition fees - when and how can I pay for them? (I haven't applied for SFE)

Thanks

Hello,

For details on tuition fee and accommodation payments check out our welcome - before you arrive pages. Full details on your options are listed under the fee payment and accommodation and Colleges side bar sections.

Lancaster University
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello,

For details on tuition fee and accommodation payments check out our welcome - before you arrive pages. Full details on your options are listed under the fee payment and accommodation and Colleges side bar sections.

Lancaster University

Hello,

I have followed the links and tried to register for web payments in order to pay the outstanding fees. However, it requires my Student ID in order to register, how can I obtain this or where can I find this?

Thanks
Original post by GoogleMe
Hello,

I have followed the links and tried to register for web payments in order to pay the outstanding fees. However, it requires my Student ID in order to register, how can I obtain this or where can I find this?

Thanks

Hello,

I advise you get in touch The Base team, they would be happy to put you in touch with the relevant people to help.

Lancaster University
Hello,

I did not take A-Level history, but I've always wanted to study history-related courses. The courses I chose do not require A-level history but is history-related. Should I attempt to explain why I did not take A-level history in my personal statement? I do not want to sound like I just changed my mind out of the blue.
Original post by ispeakmymind
Hello,

I did not take A-Level history, but I've always wanted to study history-related courses. The courses I chose do not require A-level history but is history-related. Should I attempt to explain why I did not take A-level history in my personal statement? I do not want to sound like I just changed my mind out of the blue.

Hello,

The History related courses at Lancaster do not require students to have studied History at A-Level or equivalent standard as you mention above. You would not need to explain why you chose not to study History at A-Level but could perhaps explain how the subjects you did study spurred your interest in the subject and the shared skills you have gained for studying them.

The key factor is explaining your interest in History, reasons for studying the course and possible future goals.

Lancaster University
I'm an overseas student from Hong Kong and have been studying in the UK for 4 years. I'm currently in my final year of A-level.

As Chinese is my first language, does my Chinese A-level grade count into the entry requirements for studying Psychology?
Original post by josielautc
I'm an overseas student from Hong Kong and have been studying in the UK for 4 years. I'm currently in my final year of A-level.

As Chinese is my first language, does my Chinese A-level grade count into the entry requirements for studying Psychology?

Hello,

If your native language A-Level is one of three subjects in total it would not be included in any offer, if it is one of four or more subjects then it may be included. A final decision would be taken upon receipt of any UCAS application.

Lancaster University
To which bank address should I transfer my accommodation fee? I'm in bowland. And do I get any confirmation that the university has received my tuition fee ?

Quick Reply

Latest