The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, I received an offer a couple of weeks ago conditional on me providing evidence of my results from 2013 - I emailed a scanned copy of my A-Level certificate to the given address on the same day and now just wondering if a) a scanned copy of the certificate was the right thing to send and b), when I would expect my offer to change from conditional to unconditional? Thank you!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by kingshill
Hi, I understand from the Facebook page all A100 applicants would receive a decision by the end of this week, however, I have heard nothing regarding my application. Are rejections and interviews still being handed out and when will we find out? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

A large proportion of A100 Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) applicants should by now have received a decision, the School of Medicine are at this stage sending out the remaining decisions. I recommend that you contact the department directly stating your full name and your UCAS personal ID number, they would be happy to advise you further. You can contact the department directly via [email protected] or +44 (0) 1524 5 94547.

I hope this helps.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Original post by unichallenge
hi when does lancaster university stop making offers? It is too late to apply for lancaster now?

Hello,

Although the 15th January UCAS deadline has passed, we are still accepting applications to all courses except A100 Medicine. Applications are made online via UCAS in the normal way; We recommend that you look at the UCAS website for further details on the application process (http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate).

For a list of undergraduate courses available at Lancaster please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/course-search/.

Best wishes,

Lancaster University
Original post by auo
Hi, I received an offer a couple of weeks ago conditional on me providing evidence of my results from 2013 - I emailed a scanned copy of my A-Level certificate to the given address on the same day and now just wondering if a) a scanned copy of the certificate was the right thing to send and b), when I would expect my offer to change from conditional to unconditional? Thank you!

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer!

We are currently working on verifying all qualifications in cases such as your own; As long as your results match those that you stated in your UCAS application there is nothing to worry about and it is a simple administrative process carried out within the admissions office, you do not need to take any further steps.

Do keep an eye on your UCAS Track over the coming 5-10 days from confirmation of any change in offer.

I hope this helps.

Lancaster University
Sorry to trouble you with another question, how much does campus accommandation cost for student? From what i heard, it seems everything is quite expensive up there?
I'm an international student from India. I received my offer for B.A. History and would really like to firm it but with the fall in value of the Indian rupee education in U.K. turns out to be far more expensive than I expected it to be. Is there any chance of me receiving financial aid or scholarships? I would be really glad if I won't have to put off my dream of studying here because of financial constraints.
Thank You.
Original post by unichallenge
Sorry to trouble you with another question, how much does campus accommandation cost for student? From what i heard, it seems everything is quite expensive up there?

Hello,

Don't worry about asking questions, we are here to help!

The price of on campus accommodation varies depending upon the type of accommodation in question. A number of options are available from basic standard to superior ensuite, it is also possible to include catering with some choices.

We are proud of the accommodation on offer at Lancaster and hope that there is something to suit every student. If you are unsure of exactly what accommodation type you are interested in and would like the opinion of fellow applicants and current students why not take a look at the following thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=784024

You may find the following links useful when deciding upon your accommodation of choice:
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/factsheets/ugsummary.pdf (This document provides a breakdown of all accommodation options, let length and price.)

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/ (An explanation of what each accommodation option entails including photographs.)

https://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation (Get in touch with our Colleges and accommodation team directly via the official facebook page.)

I hope this helps.

Lancaster University
Original post by Sivlovescupcake
I'm an international student from India. I received my offer for B.A. History and would really like to firm it but with the fall in value of the Indian rupee education in U.K. turns out to be far more expensive than I expected it to be. Is there any chance of me receiving financial aid or scholarships? I would be really glad if I won't have to put off my dream of studying here because of financial constraints.
Thank You.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. We do not currently offer any scholarships, bursaries or financial aid for international students.

The History department do offer a number of financial awards for current students (awarded on an annual basis): http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/fass/history/prizes/ugprizes.html

For further information on fees, funding and advice for Indian students please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/international-students/find-your-country/india/.

Lancaster University
Reply 28
Just wondering if you can tell me whether any BA Fine Art offers have been made yet? If some have already been made are there still more to process? Thanks!
Original post by Sazzajane
Just wondering if you can tell me whether any BA Fine Art offers have been made yet? If some have already been made are there still more to process? Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Some applications for BA Fine Art have been processed and decisions returned to applicants but we also have a number of applications that are still under consideration. We hope to be able to inform applicants of our decision on these in the very near future.

Hope this helps.

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
Original post by Lancaster University
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Q&A thread on The Student Room.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Not sure if this question can be answered by you guys, but I want to study Natsci at Lancaster (Phys/Chem) and was looking at cgu and the guardian league tables for specific subjects within past 4 years or so. Physics I found was always really high up, but when I looked at chemistry, it didn't appear on the top 50 at all over the last 4 years? Not sure if this is an error or whether it's because chem dep might be new, it just seems surprising how one science department has been on average in the top 10 on leader board, and another department at same uni hasn't managed to get on there once?
Original post by Lid-the-squid
Not sure if this question can be answered by you guys, but I want to study Natsci at Lancaster (Phys/Chem) and was looking at cgu and the guardian league tables for specific subjects within past 4 years or so. Physics I found was always really high up, but when I looked at chemistry, it didn't appear on the top 50 at all over the last 4 years? Not sure if this is an error or whether it's because chem dep might be new, it just seems surprising how one science department has been on average in the top 10 on leader board, and another department at same uni hasn't managed to get on there once?

Hello,

The following text can be found via the Chemistry website explaining the department’s league table situation:
“Although Lancaster University is rated highly in all of the current University league tables (both Nationally and Internationally), Chemistry does not yet appear in the subject-specific league tables. This is not a reflection of our status, quality or ambition. It is simply because we are new!

It will be some time before we appear in any Chemistry league tables; many of the criteria on which they rank departments of course involve the student experience, the quality of our teaching, and our research portfolio. As we mature as a Department, our commitment and excellence in these areas will become clear, and we will spring up in the league tables, and get everyone's attention!

In the mean-time, take some reassurance from the fact that our team comes from many of the UKs top-rated Chemistry Departments! "

For reference please take a look at the following links:

http://www.chemistry.lancs.ac.uk

http://www.chemistry.lancs.ac.uk/undergraduate/faq

Should you have any further questions about studying Chemistry within Natural Sciences please do not hesitate to contact me or Dr Keith Davidson - Natural Science Admissions Tutor ([email protected]).

I hope this helps.

Lancaster University
Reply 32
Hi there,

I recently firmed my choice at Lancaster for Sociology. I was wondering what happens next, as I haven't had any emails since firming about a month ago.
When do we start applying for accommodation and how?
What date do we move in? because on UCAS it says I start on 1st October but I don't know if this is the start of lectures or start of intro week (freshers).
Will we get emails on any preliminary reading?

Thank you,
Kate P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kateeeee
Hi there,

I recently firmed my choice at Lancaster for Sociology. I was wondering what happens next, as I haven't had any emails since firming about a month ago.
When do we start applying for accommodation and how?
What date do we move in? because on UCAS it says I start on 1st October but I don't know if this is the start of lectures or start of intro week (freshers).
Will we get emails on any preliminary reading?

Thank you,
Kate P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello Kate,

You can apply for a College and accommodation in early June, our Colleges and accommodation team will contact you to let you know the process and relevant dates (it is important to keep your contact details up to date via UCAS to ensure that you get all the relevant information!). I'm sure you will be keen to learn about the collegiate system and options at Lancaster well before you actually apply so I recommend taking a look at the following links:

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/collegiate-system/

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/

You will also receive regular updates from the University and your chosen department throughout the year aiming to keep you up to date.

Freshers week begins on arrivals weekend (depending on your College you will ideally arrive on the 27th or 28th September) and lasts until term begins on the 3rd October (it is unlikely any lectures or seminars will begin until the following Monday). After receiving your results and once your offer has been confirmed you will be sent all the relevant information regarding freshers/intro week.

Your academic department will most likely contact you around this time to let you know of any recommended reading and preparation materials. You are always welcome to contact the department directly if you have any questions, contact details can be found via each subject information page on the Lancaster website: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/.

I hope this helps, once again if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lancaster University
Hello!

I have an unconditional offer to study medicine beginning October 2014 and was just wondering if lancaster hold offer holders days?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hslancaster
Hello!

I have an unconditional offer to study medicine beginning October 2014 and was just wondering if lancaster hold offer holders days?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

The Medical School will be sending out information via email about post offer days to all applicants who have received an offer. This will be sent out in the next few days.

Hope this helps.

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
I'm an International Student from India and I have firmed my offer for B.A. History. My offer has not specified anything about my English Language requirements but regardless I will be doing an IELTS for Visa purpose. I was wondering whether I was required to meet any Language requirements, and if so, what would be the IELTS grade that I need to achieve?
Original post by Sivlovescupcake
I'm an International Student from India and I have firmed my offer for B.A. History. My offer has not specified anything about my English Language requirements but regardless I will be doing an IELTS for Visa purpose. I was wondering whether I was required to meet any Language requirements, and if so, what would be the IELTS grade that I need to achieve?

Hello Sivlovescupcake,

If IELTS was not specifically mentioned in your offer via UCAS Track it will not be required; Typically if you took grade 10/standard X in India (within a suitable time frame) and achieved a score of 70% or more in English a further IELTS examination would not be required. Should you make Lancaster your final choice and join us this year our assessment of your English ability would be sufficient for VISA purposes (this may not be the same for your other University choices).

If you would like further written confirmation please do email me with your UCAS Personal ID Number and full name I would be happy to clarify this for you.

I hope this helps.

Lancaster University
Hi!
I got a letter from Lancaster the other day saying that they're making my offer for Natural Sciences unconditional if I firm it. Will this be updated on my ucas application? I don't really want to firm it until it has.
Original post by Lancaster University
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Q&A thread on The Student Room.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Hello there, does lancaster university accept students that are retaking the year, I did not get bad AS grades last time around but if I meet the entry requirements will I be considered despite retaking the year

Quick Reply