Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kathiye
Hi!
I got a letter from Lancaster the other day saying that they're making my offer for Natural Sciences unconditional if I firm it. Will this be updated on my ucas application? I don't really want to firm it until it has.

Hello Kathiye,

For an offer to be made unconditional you must have made the current offer firm first; we check the reply status of all Natural Science applicants who are eligible for the unconditional offer every day and amend their offer to unconditional as appropriate. This normally takes 24-48 hours to be processed and visible via UCAS Track. For example should you make Lancaster your firm choice institution this evening I would expect that you would be able to see the change to unconditional via UCAS Track in the next 2 days.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by TheMagican
Hello there, does lancaster university accept students that are retaking the year, I did not get bad AS grades last time around but if I meet the entry requirements will I be considered despite retaking the year

Hello,

In principle Lancaster are happy to consider students who have resat a year for a variety of reasons, the final decision does depend on the exact course that you are interested in; what course are you interested in studying? I would then be happy to advise you further.

Lancaster University
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello Kathiye,

For an offer to be made unconditional you must have made the current offer firm first; we check the reply status of all Natural Science applicants who are eligible for the unconditional offer every day and amend their offer to unconditional as appropriate. This normally takes 24-48 hours to be processed and visible via UCAS Track. For example should you make Lancaster your firm choice institution this evening I would expect that you would be able to see the change to unconditional via UCAS Track in the next 2 days.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Lancaster University

Thank you so much! I should have guessed that really.

By the way, I think that it's great that you've got this Q&A thing going on on here and I really appreciate it. Emailing admissions people about small concerns can be a bit intimidating sometimes!
Original post by Kathiye
Thank you so much! I should have guessed that really.

By the way, I think that it's great that you've got this Q&A thing going on on here and I really appreciate it. Emailing admissions people about small concerns can be a bit intimidating sometimes!

No problem! We try to be as accessible as possible for all our applicants on a number of forums, social media sites and via traditional contact methods. Do not ever worry that a question or concern is too small or too silly, it really won't be.

Lancaster University
Hello,

In principle Lancaster are happy to consider students who have resat a year for a variety of reasons, the final decision does depend on the exact course that you are interested in; what course are you interested in studying? I would then be happy to advise you further.

Lancaster University

Currently considering Law, Thanks
Original post by TheMagican
Currently considering Law, Thanks

Hello,

The Law school are happy to consider students who are resitting a year of their studies, it is important to note that your whole educational background will be reviewed as part of the admissions process. If you are resitting to improve your grades as you feel you could do much better and are striving to do so it is always worth mentioning this within your UCAS application.

Lancaster University
Reply 46
Hello, I am wanting to study medicine at Lancaster. I understand that we will be able to loan books from the library- when we need them. However, are there any books which will be used regularly and be worth buying?

Thanks.
Original post by amzzzyy
Hello, I am wanting to study medicine at Lancaster. I understand that we will be able to loan books from the library- when we need them. However, are there any books which will be used regularly and be worth buying?

Thanks.

Hello.

The Medical School would be the best place to start for advice on study materials; You can contact them directly via [email protected] or alternatively you may want to ask current students for advice via the MedSoc Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/medsoc.lancaster.

Lancaster University
Reply 48
Hi, I originally put on my UCAS application that I would be living at home but after actually visiting the university on an open day I decided it would be better to live away. I've already firmed Lancaster but now I'm not sure if I'm still eligible to accommodation as I can't change my UCAS details. Can I still apply for accommodation and what do I need to do for now?

Thank you for your time!

Ebba
Original post by ebba197
Hi, I originally put on my UCAS application that I would be living at home but after actually visiting the university on an open day I decided it would be better to live away. I've already firmed Lancaster but now I'm not sure if I'm still eligible to accommodation as I can't change my UCAS details. Can I still apply for accommodation and what do I need to do for now?

Thank you for your time!

Ebba

Hi Ebba,

Thanks for your message. Don't worry, you are still eligible to apply for accommodation here at Lancaster.

You will be contacted in the summer around the end of May/beginning of June when we send an email to all students that have accepted a place on a course, inviting them to apply for college membership and accommodation.

You do not need to do anything else at this stage.

Incoming Undergraduates for whom Lancaster is their first choice university, and who have firmly accepted an offer via UCAS, are guaranteed a place in residence if they apply before 15 August.

For more information about accommodation please visit out accommodation web pages at http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
Hi what's the intake for mres finance program.
Original post by cocorabbit
Hi what's the intake for mres finance program.

Hi,

As this is a postgraduate query I have contacted the Graduate Management School for an answer.

The intake for MRes Finance is usually around 3 or 4 students, however, the MSc and MRes students are taught together during the first term, so numbers will be larger for this.

If you have any further queries about the programme please contact our Graduate Management School directly who will be able to help with your query at [email protected].

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
Reply 52
Hello, I got an unconditional offer for a PhD in Management at Lancaster University and I have to make a decision on that by 1st of May. I would like nothing better than to accept it however, the problem is that I have also applied for a LUMS studentship and I haven't had any news on that yet. My question is: if I accept the offer now, can I change my decision later on and decline it at anytime? Will there be any consequences if I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Marianna
Original post by Mari4nna
Hello, I got an unconditional offer for a PhD in Management at Lancaster University and I have to make a decision on that by 1st of May. I would like nothing better than to accept it however, the problem is that I have also applied for a LUMS studentship and I haven't had any news on that yet. My question is: if I accept the offer now, can I change my decision later on and decline it at anytime? Will there be any consequences if I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Marianna

Hi Marianna,

Thank you for your message. If you accept your offer for PhD Management and then change your mind at a later date, this would not cause a problem. If you have any further questions about your offer or your programme of study, please don’t hesitate to contact the PhD admissions team in the Management School by phone on 01524 510667 or by email on [email protected] and they will be happy to assist.

Best wishes,

Postgraduate Admissions team
Reply 54
Hello, I chose Lancaster as my firm choice for History, but I've now realised doing joint honours with English Literature may be better for me so I don't have to choose between my 2 favourite subjects. Is it still possible to change this? Thanks, Abbie
Reply 55
Hello, I have a conditional offer from Lancaster and have to make a decision by June 5. I was wondering if I should submit my application for campus accommodation earlier than that, considering I got an email about the details, or wait till I have made a decision? Thanks.
Original post by Abbie113
Hello, I chose Lancaster as my firm choice for History, but I've now realised doing joint honours with English Literature may be better for me so I don't have to choose between my 2 favourite subjects. Is it still possible to change this? Thanks, Abbie

Hello Abbie113,

Yes, this is still possible. To request a course change all you need to do is email [email protected] with your full name, UCAS ID and course of interest, the team will then advise you further.

Typically as long as your are taking any required subjects (English Literature in your case) and have predicted grades in the region of those required there is an excellent chance of receiving the alternative offer; Should you for any reason not be made the alternative offer, your original offer for History will of course still stand.

Alternatively you could select English Literature as one of your Part 1 minor/flexible study subjects; Should you wish, you could then continue both subjects under a joint major degree or continue in the single subject of your choice. For further detail on the flexible part 1 study system at Lancaster please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/flexible-study/

I hope this helps. Should you have any further questions please do get in touch.

Lancaster University
Original post by Vj21
Hello, I have a conditional offer from Lancaster and have to make a decision by June 5. I was wondering if I should submit my application for campus accommodation earlier than that, considering I got an email about the details, or wait till I have made a decision? Thanks.

Hello Vj21,

You do not have to make any choices about Colleges or accommodation until the Colleges and accommodation team contact you directly asking you to do so. Typically anyone holding an offer with Lancaster University is contacted from early June onward with all the information required on Colleges, accommodation, making your choice and any relevant deadlines.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please do get in touch.

Lancaster University
Reply 58
Hello Abbie113,

Yes, this is still possible. To request a course change all you need to do is email [email protected] with your full name, UCAS ID and course of interest, the team will then advise you further.

Typically as long as your are taking any required subjects (English Literature in your case) and have predicted grades in the region of those required there is an excellent chance of receiving the alternative offer; Should you for any reason not be made the alternative offer, your original offer for History will of course still stand.

Alternatively you could select English Literature as one of your Part 1 minor/flexible study subjects; Should you wish, you could then continue both subjects under a joint major degree or continue in the single subject of your choice. For further detail on the flexible part 1 study system at Lancaster please see the following link: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/flexible-study/

I hope this helps. Should you have any further questions please do get in touch.

Lancaster University

Okay, great. Thank you for your help!
Hello Alice,

I am a student who applied for the pre-medical course through UCAS EXTRA very recently- just wondered when I should expect to hear a reply?

Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest