The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Hi

Due to a number of reasons, I did not manage to apply for student finance and am now paying for my first year at university. As I have to wait until next year to apply for student finance and hence get the tuition loan, I assume it would mean that I would not be automatically considered for any bursaries? (My parents earn < £45,000)

Could I still apply despite the fact that I haven't applied for student finance this year (foolish)? If so, how?

Thanks very much! :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by doyina12
Hi,

I'm looking to apply to lancaster for accounting and finance through clearing. At the moment I currently have BBB at a level but as 2 of my subjects are very close to the next grade I am currently waiting for remarks back. Is there any chance of me gaining a place?

Hello,

As it stands, with you current grades we would not be able to consider a Clearing application from you. As soon as your remark results are released and if, as hoped, your grades improve do get back in touch with us; we cannot guarantee that the course will still be open but if it is we would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Best wishes,

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Original post by Jimmyconcarne
Hey, I've been offered Superior Standard accomodation at County College and was wondering what size the beds would be (single, 2m etc)? Thanks :smile:

Hello,

I've spoken to our residence officer in The County College and the bed in a Superior Standard room is a standard size single bed; 91cm x 191cm/just over 6"3 in length.

I hope this helps!

Lancaster University
Original post by kyra95
Hello,

I have just received confirmation from UCAS of my place at Lancaster (it was my insurance choice). I have already applied for accomodation and college around one month ago. When will I find out my college and place of accomodation?

Thanks

Hello,

You should be hearing from our Colleges and accommodation team very soon confirming your College and accommodation type, this will likely be in the next 48 hours; I am sure you are keen to find out as soon possible so if you have any questions you can always contact the Colleges team directly via telephone (01524 594910) or by email.

Lancaster University
Original post by GoogleMe
Hi

Due to a number of reasons, I did not manage to apply for student finance and am now paying for my first year at university. As I have to wait until next year to apply for student finance and hence get the tuition loan, I assume it would mean that I would not be automatically considered for any bursaries? (My parents earn < £45,000)

Could I still apply despite the fact that I haven't applied for student finance this year (foolish)? If so, how?

Thanks very much! :smile:

Hello,

Are you a UK or EU student? If so I believe that although the guaranteed funding deadline (definitely receiving your funding by the start of your course) has now passed you are still able to make an application, it may be that your funding will not come through right at the beginning of the course but a little later. For further details see our Next Steps web pages or go directly to the Student Loans Company website. Once your details are shared with Student Finance England you are automatically considered for all bursary packages.

Lancaster University
Hello,
I have confirmed my place at Lancaster University for the Management and Entrepreneurship, N222 course. However, I have not yet received my welcome pack despite many other students finding out their accommodation places and student ID.
I have been told that more information will be sent by post by the university and want to make sure that I have not been missed out.
Hello, I know you have answered the question about the size of the bed for County accommodation, is Furness Superior Ensuite the same or a longer bed? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'll be studying maths next year and i was wondering how many contact hours i can expect per week?

Thanks
Original post by sunainagandhi
I had applied for Msc Advanced Marketing about 2 weeks back. Did I apply too late to get an admission to your university.
My application, as the status shows has been put under consideration by the faculty for want of pending information i.e english language scores. I scored 89 and 84 in english in the class X and XII respectively. Will I still be needed to give the english language test?
If not, how should I proceed with the application?

Hello,

I have spoken to my colleague Judith Pogson in postgraduate admissions; Judith advises that as you have submitted your application to us it would be best for you to contact your admissions officer in the Management School for more information regarding this application. You can contact them on 01524 510733 or via email. If we can help any further please let us know.

Lancaster University
Original post by Abbie113
Hello, I know you have answered the question about the size of the bed for County accommodation, is Furness Superior Ensuite the same or a longer bed? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that the bed sizes in all single rooms are standardised but you can always check with the Furness College residence officers to be sure!

Lancaster University
Hi,
I have my place confirmed on UCAS but not as of yet received or heard anything from the University and would just like to know within what sort of time frame I will hear from them.
Thanks
Original post by tulipcat
Hi,

I'll be studying maths next year and i was wondering how many contact hours i can expect per week?

Thanks

Hello,

Dr Alex Belton - Director of Part 1 Studies has given the following advice:

A first-year student taking Mathematics as a major subject will have a minimum of 260 contact hours with the department. They will also have whatever contact hours their minor subject provides.

These break down as follows.

Lectures and workshops: 4 one-hour lectures and 1 one-hour workshop x 5 weeks x 10 modules = 250 hours.

Problem-solving classes: 1 one-hour problem-solving class x 8 weeks = 8 hours.

LAB100 and LAB110 computer-lab courses: 2 x one-hour introductory lecture = 2 hours. After this, support is provided through optional drop-in sessions and video lectures which are available online.

All of these activities are supported by office hours, where any student can obtain additional contact with lecturers and tutors.

For a student taking Mathematics as a minor, there would be a minimum of 126 contact hours, consisting of 125 hours of lectures and workshops from 5 modules and the one-hour introductory lecture for LAB100.

Each student also has the opportunity every term to attend an interview with one of the department's Part I Directors of Studies, and to arrange a meeting with them at any point if desired.

I hope this information is of use, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

Lancaster University
Original post by Cottam96
Hi,
I have my place confirmed on UCAS but not as of yet received or heard anything from the University and would just like to know within what sort of time frame I will hear from them.
Thanks

Hello,

Generally you should hear from our Colleges and accommodation team within 3 working days of your offer being confirmed, the team will contact you via email with confirmation details. You will also shortly be receiving our welcome pack. As long as your contact details (email, telephone and postal address) are correct on your UCAS application there should be no issue in contacting you.

If you would like to contact the Colleges and accommodation team directly please feel free to do so via telephone on 01524 594910 or by email.

Lancaster University
Reply 173
Hi there, i've applied to University of loughborough to study Maths and got the required grade, AAB and but i didn't like the university very much so i declined, so now i'm in clearing. I have visited Lancaster university and really enjoyed it! Would it be possible for me to study at Lancaster University through clearing?

My A-level grades were: A*AAB in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History respectively
Original post by say x
Hi there, i've applied to University of loughborough to study Maths and got the required grade, AAB and but i didn't like the university very much so i declined, so now i'm in clearing. I have visited Lancaster university and really enjoyed it! Would it be possible for me to study at Lancaster University through clearing?

My A-level grades were: A*AAB in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History respectively

Hello,

On the basis of your A-Level grades yes, although there may be a few more additional requirements depending on your situation, for example proof of English language ability if you would require a VISA to study in the UK.

I recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated clearing team, contact details can be found via our confirmation, adjustment and clearing pages.

Lancaster University
Reply 175
Hello,

I have just logged in the accommodation portal and do not know how to see the details of my application. Is there a way I can see for which types of accommodation I had applied?
Hello,

Will students be given bursaries automatically or do you have to manually apply for them via the university website?
Original post by kyra95
Hello,

I have just logged in the accommodation portal and do not know how to see the details of my application. Is there a way I can see for which types of accommodation I had applied?

Hello,

I advise you get in touch with our Colleges and accommodation team via email, telephone on 01524 594910 or on facebook.

Lancaster University
Original post by OliverJames47
Hello,

Will students be given bursaries automatically or do you have to manually apply for them via the university website?

Hello,

There is no further application process for the scholarship and bursary packages, all eligible students who have shared their information with Student Finance are automatically considered for every award.

Lancaster University
Hello,
I've recently heard from my on-campus accommodation but due to the fact I couldn't access any internet connection I couldn't reach the deadline (21 of August). Just in case I've paid the deposit and accepted, but I'm worried I won't have any accommodation. I'm coming all the way from Spain so it is quite an urgent matter.
What is going to happen now?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending