The Student Room Group

GSK Placement - Interview

Hi,

I applied to GSK for an I.T. placement and have been offered an interview :biggrin:.

Now, I am told to do a presentation.

What is the interview stage like? How many people do you have to present in front of? What happens if you pass this interview stage?

I would greatly appreciate any tips/advice
Hi,

I did this about 4 weeks ago and have now got a job on the IT placement scheme.

The interview stage is competency based (i.e tell us about a time.....) and also a few general questions ( such as why do you want to do a palcement).

I had no technical questions asked.

The presentation they focus more on eye contact and your presentation skills. I presented in-front of three people (two IT managers and a placement student). Make sure you are relaxed and be yourself, the interview is the last stage you will find out in five days if you have got it or not.

They like the STAR format when answering questions as well, but I found overall they helped and would ask you the question differently if they wanted something else.
Reply 2
Original post by charlottelouise4
Hi,

I did this about 4 weeks ago and have now got a job on the IT placement scheme.

The interview stage is competency based (i.e tell us about a time.....) and also a few general questions ( such as why do you want to do a palcement).

I had no technical questions asked.

The presentation they focus more on eye contact and your presentation skills. I presented in-front of three people (two IT managers and a placement student). Make sure you are relaxed and be yourself, the interview is the last stage you will find out in five days if you have got it or not.

They like the STAR format when answering questions as well, but I found overall they helped and would ask you the question differently if they wanted something else.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It is a bit late, as I have already done my interview.

Regardless, I had to present in front of two managers and the placement and the outcome is that I will be contacted by other line managers for a job.

I passed their benchmark test and so on, however, they felt I was not really suited to their role.

Now, although I was not offered the job at a specific location, will I be guaranteed a job elsewhere?

Just out of interest, where will you be working? GSK House, Brentford; Stevenage; Stockley Park?
Reply 3
By the way, does anyone know which locations take on I.T. placement students.

Is it like Brentford; Stevenage; and Stockley Park?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending