The Student Room Group

Are you SFE having a laugh?

Hi,

Before i tell you the situation I applied for SF on the 16th June 2013.

I had to wait till the 1st November for my first payment of the loan. I am still waiting now for them to pay me the grant which will then enable me to receive the bursary from my uni too.

Having just checked my SF correspondence there is a new notification of entitlement letter on there with just my tuition fees and student loan, NO grant!

On top of that they have also put in my correspondence the household income forms which my mum needs to fill out, however my mum has done this and they even asked for additional information on it as she didnt put her date of birth somewhere, which i sent in and they received on the 14th November. So theirs no physical way that they haven't got it so why are they sending me this through correspondence?

There is also no updates on my payments, although the first student loan payment still says interim which has been on there for a while.

Would someone please reassure me and tell me that my money is on its way or are SFE literally taking the absolute piss?

Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Maybe your Mum filled the forms in wrong? You need to contact SFE direct and ask why you need to go through this again.

I'm afraid it doesn't sound like your money will be with you any time soon.
Original post by ORuss17
Hi,

Before i tell you the situation I applied for SF on the 16th June 2013.

I had to wait till the 1st November for my first payment of the loan. I am still waiting now for them to pay me the grant which will then enable me to receive the bursary from my uni too.

Having just checked my SF correspondence there is a new notification of entitlement letter on there with just my tuition fees and student loan, NO grant!

On top of that they have also put in my correspondence the household income forms which my mum needs to fill out, however my mum has done this and they even asked for additional information on it as she didnt put her date of birth somewhere, which i sent in and they received on the 14th November. So theirs no physical way that they haven't got it so why are they sending me this through correspondence?

There is also no updates on my payments, although the first student loan payment still says interim which has been on there for a while.

Would someone please reassure me and tell me that my money is on its way or are SFE literally taking the absolute piss?

Thank you

The deadline was May 31st, so you were never going to get your money on time.

When your mum sent information in, they would have assessed the loan amount first, which creates an entitlement letter with just the fee's and loan. It is then assessed for the grant, which produces another entitlement letter, with the grant on it. This is standard.

What was the date of the correspondence? Perhaps you mis read it and it was for when they originally sent it out to you? Some things they send out are automatic. You should give them a call to get accurate information, as no one on here can answer you. Call their non premium rate number as it'll be cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending