The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Mphil in International Relations?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is currently enrolled in this program. I would like someone to provide me with information about the general gist of this Program. I would also like to know the specific requirements that are crucial to ensure a place within this program. I am an international student and I attend a university which is not globally recognized, however, I'm very interested in this program and I read extensively on this subject and others related to it. I can manage a high GPA but I don't think it's equivalent in comparison to the criteria needed, since I live in a developing country the education quality is quite deficient which I realize is a huge disadvantage.

I try my best to qualify in other terms, for example I speak a couple of other languages beside my native tongue. I also work on internships in the Ministry of Foreign affairs of my country, and it seems I will soon join the governmental department. I also plan on improving my writing skills to produce a competent essay for admission.

Realistically speaking though, do I have any chance of getting in, and are there any steps I should take to increase my chances of getting in?.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
http://www.qeh.ox.ac.uk/study/courses/mphil Requires a Statement of Purpose, two examples of academic writing around 2000words in length, three academic references, a curriculum vitae, an official transcript in English or a transcript translated into English by an official translator, information on how you plan to fund your studies, which college you are interested in and other personal information. Read through the PDFs at the side for a clearer picture and what these all (and the course) entail. You may also want to read about potential for funding depending on which country you are from. Hope this helps in some way.
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending