The Student Room Group

Kow do you find out your fee status from the UCAS track website?

Hello, I'm new to the student room so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

This may seem like a silly question but is there any way from the UCAS track website to find out your fee status?

I recently applied to university via UCAS and got 3 offers. The first 2 universities did not send me an e-mail so I just got a notification from track saying I was accepted. Due to my circumstances, I assumed this was with the fee status of home student.

When my third uni got back to me, they sent an e-mail saying I was accepted as an international student. I filled in a questionnaire from them and they are now reconsidering this.

However, I'm now worried: Did the first 2 accept me as a home or international student? I tried googling to see if there was a way to find out but could not find one.

Any help would be much appreciated
I would phone UCAS and explain your situation to them, they'd be able to further assist you. UCAS : 0871 468 0 468
It might be worth calling student finance and explaining your situation. They will know if you count as a home or an international student.

What are your circumstances? Have you been resident in the UK for the past three years?

It is residency that is important for your fee status, not nationality.

With regards to the first two universities that accepted you, it would be best to contact them directly and ask if they consider you a home or an international student.
Fee status is determined by each university individually (although they base it initially on the information supplied on UCAS).

I would suggest contacting the university that sent you the fee questionnaire and asking them what prompted them to send it - chances are you've filled something on Apply in incorrectly (LOTS of people do this).

If that's the case then you can then contact UCAS to get your details amended and contact all of your choices to let them know about the change.
Reply 4
Thanks for the help :smile:

I take it then I will have to contact the relevant people directly. Will UCAS have a record of my fee status for each university which I could ask for at once or will I need to contact each university seperately?
Original post by The_Ross
Thanks for the help :smile:

I take it then I will have to contact the relevant people directly. Will UCAS have a record of my fee status for each university which I could ask for at once or will I need to contact each university seperately?

UCAS will have a record of what they've sent through to the universities (which is what you entered into Apply). Whether that's incorrect or not is what you need to identify first.

Contact the uni that sent the fee questionnaire. Ask why they sent it. If they point you back to your UCAS information then contact UCAS to correct the info.

It might be that your UCAS info is fine but that that single uni is a bit paranoid or sends out fee questionnaires to a sample of applicants or they made a mistake in their version of your data. That's why you need to talk to them first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending