The Student Room Group

Advice on intercalating?

Hi, I am currently in my second year of studying veterinary medicine and have recently been considering taking a year out to do my universities Bsc Comparative Pathology course, and I was hoping anybody who has intercalated (or anyone else for that matter) could give me some advice :smile:

The course sounds fascinating, plus the research experience and an extra degree can only help my career prospects. It also seems likely that an extra year focusing on the mechanisms and diagnosis of disease will probably make my clinical years of study easier as well as helping me after graduation. And it is probably the cheapest and fastest opportunity I will ever have to get another degree.

On the other hand it would mean I would have to drop behind most of my friends, and would mean another year of student loans. And while I find the course interesting, since I am not really considering a career in pathology I am not sure how useful it would be. I am also not so certain I will enjoy the large research component of the course. I have never done any proper research work before and three days a week labwork could make for a pretty dismal year if it turns out I am not cut out for it.

So yeah, does it sound like a good idea or a waste of time and money? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
slight shameless bump :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending