The Student Room Group

Meeting a partner...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sazh
You seem like my kind of girl :smile: I don't think there is a best way of meeting someone, but I'd suggest not getting drunk and letting a guy take advantage of you (it happens) - but the way you describe yourself, I don't think that would be an issue. Sorry, I can't really say, after all I'm finding it hard to find a girl. Are you a student or working?

Thanks and I'll never let a guy take advantage of me, if I met a guy in a club I wouldn't deem it as 'serious'. Haha we're both on the same boat :tongue: and I was a student, transferring unis (told I could only do so for next sept entry) so I'm working until then :smile:
two words: online dating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
two words: online dating

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats even more nerve wrecking than meeting someone in person, I've watched the tv show Catfish too many times! Maybe If I'm 40 and still alone that will be an option
Original post by Tolaaa
Thats even more nerve wrecking than meeting someone in person, I've watched the tv show Catfish too many times! Maybe If I'm 40 and still alone that will be an option

it's not that nerve wrecking especially if you talk to the person for a while before meeting. Although there are loads of horrible guys there so it's a matter of luck really. met my husband through it and it worked for me but I guess it's not for everybody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
it's not that nerve wrecking especially if you talk to the person for a while before meeting. Although there are loads of horrible guys there so it's a matter of luck really. met my husband through it and it worked for me but I guess it's not for everybody.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is so lucky! Congrats but my past track record of luck wouldn't be on my side
Reply 25
You have to take a chance.

Im currently dating someone relatively new. We met from an Online Dating site, we spoke for about 2 weeks before agreeing a date. Ofcourse I was nervous to finally meet her, but we were both in the same situation. We got to know each other. Anyway, 4 dates on and things are looking good.

Id also like to note, whilst this is my second "relaitonship", my first we didnt really date before hand. It was a Whirlwind week where we meet each day as our dates. This time its alot more traditional, so technically my first time dating. And Im 21.

Ofcourse I was incredibly lucky, I think anyway, to find someone I feel quite compatible with, but it does happen. And it will happen when you least expect it. Just go with the flow ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RwLovett
You have to take a chance.

Im currently dating someone relatively new. We met from an Online Dating site, we spoke for about 2 weeks before agreeing a date. Ofcourse I was nervous to finally meet her, but we were both in the same situation. We got to know each other, and perhaps the first date went too well (we got abit physical). Anyway, 4 dates on and things are looking good.

Id also like to note, whilst this is my second "relaitonship", my first we didnt really date before hand. It was a Whirlwind week where we meet each day as our dates. This time its alot more traditional, so technically my first time dating. And Im 21.

Ofcourse I was incredibly lucky, I think anyway, to find someone I feel quite compatible with, but it does happen. And it will happen when you least expect it. Just go with the flow ^^

Were you not scared she didn't look the same in her pics? I'm always scared about that the tv show catfish plagues on me!

Aww thats cute, such a nice story! :colondollar: I'm so negative but I think something like that would never happen to me....
Reply 27
size 6-8? lol, I've always hated girls with big feet--too manly.
Good luck :rolleyes:
Original post by VDW
size 6-8? lol..

What's funny about that?
Reply 29
Original post by Tolaaa
What's funny about that?

you're an eager one
Original post by VDW
you're an eager one

????
Reply 31
lol
Original post by Tolaaa
????
:rolleyes:
Original post by VDW
lol:rolleyes:

You're so sad for editing your posts, go away!
Reply 33
Original post by Tolaaa
You're so sad for editing your posts, go away!

i edited it so that you wouldn't get insecure about your gut, relax.
Original post by VDW
i edited it so that you wouldn't get insecure about your gut, relax.

I'm not insecure, I'm a perfect size in my opinion and I wouldn't want to any other size thank you very much :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Tolaaa
I'm not insecure, I'm a perfect size in my opinion and I wouldn't want to any other size thank you very much :smile:

haha, each to their own.. I guess!
Reply 36
maybe saying yes for a change
Original post by VDW
haha, each to their own.. I guess!

Soo bigger women are nicer in your opinion? lol
Original post by lucas13
maybe saying yes for a change

That is my 'new years resolution' even though its before new years... I always regret when I say no
Reply 39
Original post by Tolaaa
Soo bigger women are nicer in your opinion? lol

u kidding? Size 4 or below for me. I can't deal with body fat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending