The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Media and Communications 2014

Hey guys. I got a conditional offer from Goldsmiths for the Media and Communications course. Has anyone got an offer or is applying to this course?

Would be cool to see who's going or whatever :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got a conditional today off them...not my first choice but I found it strange that everywhere but here has interviews!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by wofih
I got a conditional today off them...not my first choice but I found it strange that everywhere but here has interviews!

They said they don't do interviews when I went to their open day. I think they just do it based off personal statements. Where else did you apply?
Reply 3
Westminster, Lincoln, Canterbury and Teesside (got an interview for the last one though) Westminster is my first choice :')
Reply 4
Hey I also got my conditional offer yesterday, it initially wasn't my first choice but the area seems really nice!
I also picked Westminster as a choice but I'm not really sure where I want to go yet :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JustBecca
Hey I also got my conditional offer yesterday, it initially wasn't my first choice but the area seems really nice!
I also picked Westminster as a choice but I'm not really sure where I want to go yet :smile:

Im guessing you're wanting to do TV and Film like me if you applied for westminster hahah :smile:
Just got a conditional off Lincoln University now as well! Waiting on Canterbury and Westminster
Reply 6
Hey, I'm still waiting on hearing back from them :smile: what subjects are you guys studying at the moment to get conditional offers ( and if you don't mind, what are your Predicted grades?) Im doing a Btech in media production, predicted DDM :/ . Just trying to see what they are sort of looking for in regards to academic record :smile:.
It wasn't my first choice but the more i read up on it, the nicer it looks aha :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zwanz
Hey, I'm still waiting on hearing back from them :smile: what subjects are you guys studying at the moment to get conditional offers ( and if you don't mind, what are your Predicted grades?) Im doing a Btech in media production, predicted DDM :/ . Just trying to see what they are sort of looking for in regards to academic record :smile:.
It wasn't my first choice but the more i read up on it, the nicer it looks aha :smile:

I'm doing a BTEC in creative media production with A- level film studies and my predicted grades are DDD with a B in film studies however I've got to the point that critical approaches has killed any motovation hahah
Hi guys, i've applied to do media and communications at goldsmiths and haven't even heard back from them yet! I thought you had to have an interview to be given an offer? Do you lot know anything about the course itself?- i.e. the teaching styles etc? x
Reply 9
Original post by jeannienicolas
Hi guys, i've applied to do media and communications at goldsmiths and haven't even heard back from them yet! I thought you had to have an interview to be given an offer? Do you lot know anything about the course itself?- i.e. the teaching styles etc? x

It took a while for me to get a reply off them and I thought they were doing interviews too but apparently not! The teaching is very academic in comparison to other courses I believe as the course covers journalism, photography, film, etc.
Reply 10
I applied back in late september but still not heard anything :smile: everyone I've spoken to about it says they haven't had an interview. not sure thats a good or bad thing ( :s-smilie: ) but the course looks very intense ( unlike some other media based course that spend a whole term teaching you how to use a camera -.- ) :biggrin:

I did however get a little email from them saying they wont be replying to anyone who hasn't already heard until the 2nd of january due to christmas break, which was nice of them to put peoples worrying to rest for the holidays :smile:
Ohh I do hope I get in, that would be my top choice! What are everyone's predicted grades? I couldn't believe that it was ABB-AAB to get in! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Ohh I do hope I get in, that would be my top choice! What are everyone's predicted grades? I couldn't believe that it was ABB-AAB to get in! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know for me, because I'm doing a BTEC it's DDD which means I'm going to have to work my arse off at the end of term to get 12 units up to distinctions woo:frown:
Original post by wofih
Yeah I know for me, because I'm doing a BTEC it's DDD which means I'm going to have to work my arse off at the end of term to get 12 units up to distinctions woo:frown:

Pain in the arse isn't it! I'm doing a levels and am on BBB/C which means I REALLY need to put some hard graft into it! :frown:

Have you heard back from them via Ucas yet? I haven't and am beginning to get really worried; I haven't taken media at college and have no real experience :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Pain in the arse isn't it! I'm doing a levels and am on BBB/C which means I REALLY need to put some hard graft into it! :frown:

Have you heard back from them via Ucas yet? I haven't and am beginning to get really worried; I haven't taken media at college and have no real experience :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They took ages to reply. I sent my application in November and they didn't get back to me until December so don't worry!
I'm sure they will teach you all you need to know and there are plenty of books out there that can help. Depending on what side you want to concentrate it, you could start writing blogs if it's journalism or just making short films of your day using your phone if it's more film making you're in to. :smile:
Reply 15
Don't worry, I got an offer of BBB from goldsmiths for the course so I really think it just depends on the statement :smile: I didn't do media a level or GCSE either so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Is anyone else going to the offer holder day on the 31st?
Reply 16
Hey guys I'm an italian student and I applied to 5 different universities for media, and out of those Goldsmiths would be my #1 choice. I sent in my application on december 5th and I got 2 conditionals so far and an interview request, but nothing from Goldsmiths! Do you guys know the average time it takes for them to reply? Thank you guys in advance hopefully meet you all next year! :smile:
Original post by lodddo
Hey guys I'm an italian student and I applied to 5 different universities for media, and out of those Goldsmiths would be my #1 choice. I sent in my application on december 5th and I got 2 conditionals so far and an interview request, but nothing from Goldsmiths! Do you guys know the average time it takes for them to reply? Thank you guys in advance hopefully meet you all next year! :smile:

I sent in my application in early November and still haven't heard anything from them! They're the last university I have to hear back from so hopefully it'll be soon! :smile:

The waiting times vary :frown:

Jeannie :smile:
Reply 18
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, those of you who are holding offers what is the start date for Med and Coms 2014? :smile:
Reply 19
Erm, hi, I've got a conditional offer for Ba Journalism at Goldsmiths, so kinda the same thing as Media and Comms...
Has anyone else been invited to the Offer Holders day on the 31st of January?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending