The Student Room Group

Driving test in 3 days... HELP

Hi guyssss.. i'm so so nervous about my test, it's in a really busy town as well, and right when school starts so it'll be manic! I've had just over 40 hours professional tuition, and about 20-30 hours in my mum's car. Can anybody give me tips about what i'm about to go through? ahhhhhhhhhh! Thankyou x
Reply 1
Mines tomorrow! ahhhh :eek:

But really all you can do is deal with the situation on the day, check mirrors lots, take your time, and show you are a confident driver :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aloha_
Hi guyssss.. i'm so so nervous about my test, it's in a really busy town as well, and right when school starts so it'll be manic! I've had just over 40 hours professional tuition, and about 20-30 hours in my mum's car. Can anybody give me tips about what i'm about to go through? ahhhhhhhhhh! Thankyou x

I know its hard to do but seriously dont be nervous, being nervous can ruin your chances. Take your time and read signs clearly. If you want to slow down, do it.. obviously not being ridiculous though. Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aloha_

Don't think of it as a TEST, because the word is really scary.

I'd say put your mind-frame to think of it as a drive, you're just driving normally around the town.

In the last 2 days... gain more practice in your mum's car and go to the area's that your instructor has told you, that will/may come up on your day (test). In doing this, you'll have the area fresh in your head and it won't seem manic, your brain will retain the information and it'll help calm your nerves...

Best of Luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by saraw26
Mines tomorrow! ahhhh :eek:

But really all you can do is deal with the situation on the day, check mirrors lots, take your time, and show you are a confident driver :smile:

Omg good luck!!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by dooobie_
I know its hard to do but seriously dont be nervous, being nervous can ruin your chances. Take your time and read signs clearly. If you want to slow down, do it.. obviously not being ridiculous though. Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats very helpful,trying to chill out as much as i can. Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a heck of a lot of lessons! Best advice I can give you is to bear in mind that at the end of the day you are sat on your bottom and in no huge rush! Take things as they come and respond to things in the way you've been taught.
Reply 7
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
That's a heck of a lot of lessons! Best advice I can give you is to bear in mind that at the end of the day you are sat on your bottom and in no huge rush! Take things as they come and respond to things in the way you've been taught.

Well they're always saying like 45 hours is the average for professional lessons,makes me feel slightly unprepared haha :P no thats very good advice thankyou:smile: i need to just remember to breathe and not freak out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aloha_
Well they're always saying like 45 hours is the average for professional lessons,makes me feel slightly unprepared haha :P no thats very good advice thankyou:smile: i need to just remember to breathe and not freak out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, I ignored all advice when I did mine but it's just what you feel you need! Good luck!
Reply 9
So I failed my test today. Didn't even get any majors, but got 4 minors in one catergory (not driving with enough space from cars). The examiner even said I was a good driver, just needed to leave a bit more space. Sooo annoyed, as that was the only thing I failed on. But I've rebooked it and at least I know what to work on, and that I am a good driver apart from that :tongue:

So moral of the story, leave more space :smile: Although it doesn't help when a stupid learner driver infront is driving at 30mph on a 60mph road and keeps speeding up and slowing down :mad:
Reply 10
Original post by saraw26
So I failed my test today. Didn't even get any majors, but got 4 minors in one catergory (not driving with enough space from cars). The examiner even said I was a good driver, just needed to leave a bit more space. Sooo annoyed, as that was the only thing I failed on. But I've rebooked it and at least I know what to work on, and that I am a good driver apart from that :tongue:

So moral of the story, leave more space :smile: Although it doesn't help when a stupid learner driver infront is driving at 30mph on a 60mph road and keeps speeding up and slowing down :mad:

So glad you mentioned this,my instructor gets mad at me cos i'm scared of hitting parked cars on the side of the road so leave then a bit too much room and not enough for other cars.. i will bear this in mind on my test :smile: sorry to hear about it though,sounds as if you're totally ready!
Reply 11
Passed first timeeeee,thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by aloha_
Passed first timeeeee,thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As jealous as I am, I'm so happy for you :tongue:

Well done! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending