The Student Room Group

Older girl asked to meet up...?

Last week, went to a drinks reception. A girl was looking at me and smiling the entire night. This intrigued me. Someone introduced us. We said 'Hi' to each other, but didn't get a chance to speak because I got dragged away to speak to some other people.

The next day, I added her through Facebook and messaged her. Two minutes later she replied. We exchanged messages for just 5 minutes before she suggested we meet up on the weekend. Later I found out that she's like 25/26 years of age and I'm only 23...

Never been asked out by a girl like this, let alone by a girl two years older than me! :s-smilie:

Any thoughts, as to what her intentions could be? And how I should approach this?
just grow up and stop worrying
Reply 2
Original post by Metropolis
just grow up and stop worrying

Many thanks for the mildly encouraging response. I don't have a wealth of experience with ladies; let alone older ones. And I wouldn't say I'm worried. Just mystified.
Reply 3
You're so lucky ffs
Reply 4
Omg a cougar well done m8
Reply 5
U lucky person, just go with it :smile:
Never, ever, ever call a 25 year old an 'older lady' to her face.
Original post by Anonymous
Many thanks for the mildly encouraging response. I don't have a wealth of experience with ladies; let alone older ones. And I wouldn't say I'm worried. Just mystified.

in that case, just meet up. shave/shapeup, dont wear trampy clothes, dont wear battered footwear, smell nice, wear a good watch, don't talk about the age thing as being a big deal - in fact mentally imagine she is same age as you or slightly younger, and try not to act like a kid/geek/other generic negative stereotype.

then as usual, keep things chilled, make her smile (you have obviously passed the attractivity test since she smiles at you and offered a meetup), dont act needy or try to impress her too much.

key to a good date is to be mentally as in as much control as possible. also dont make it seem like a date cos that adds uneeded pressure to the situation.

oh and keep condom in wallet in case shes on it
Reply 8
Original post by meenu87
You're so lucky ffs

Original post by Robbie242
Omg a cougar well done m8

Original post by Ryan.W
U lucky person, just go with it :smile:

Lol, thanks guys. I think she's 25 but looks as if she's 21. Wouldn't say cougar :tongue:

Some input from the female contingent would be enlightening also.
Reply 9
It's not a problem until one of you can feasibly be the parent of the other one.
Reply 10
Original post by alexmagpie
Never, ever, ever call a 25 year old an 'older lady' to her face.

Haha. I will remember that. Damn..'older lady' does sound bad. I don't mean it like that. She looks younger than me lol.

Original post by Metropolis
in that case, just meet up. shave/shapeup, dont wear trampy clothes, dont wear battered footwear, smell nice, wear a good watch, don't talk about the age thing as being a big deal - in fact mentally imagine she is same age as you or slightly younger, and try not to act like a kid/geek/other generic negative stereotype.

then as usual, keep things chilled, make her smile (you have obviously passed the attractivity test since she smiles at you and offered a meetup), dont act needy or try to impress her too much.

key to a good date is to be mentally as in as much control as possible. also dont make it seem like a date cos that adds uneeded pressure to the situation.

oh and keep condom in wallet in case shes on it

Yes sir. Thanks for the tips. I certainly will try to keep things cool and unpressurised!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending