The Student Room Group

Advice Please

Hello everyone,

I was studying Bsc Psychology at the university of Huddersfield, but in my first year due to my mother being really ill I had to postpone my studies for a year (I provided the university with the relevant medical documentation to do so). When I went back I just couldn't get into my studies, My anxiety was really bad and I just couldn't function or perform (I have a history of mental health problems) so unfortunately I had to withdraw from my studies completely.

I'm now wanting to go back to university and study Mental health nursing, I'm just wondering where I would stand from a financial point of view. Would I still be able to get funding towards my nursing degree?

The highest qualification I have is An access to HE Diploma (level 3)

Thanks for reading
Original post by Ritchie8
Hello everyone,

I was studying Bsc Psychology at the university of Huddersfield, but in my first year due to my mother being really ill I had to postpone my studies for a year (I provided the university with the relevant medical documentation to do so). When I went back I just couldn't get into my studies, My anxiety was really bad and I just couldn't function or perform (I have a history of mental health problems) so unfortunately I had to withdraw from my studies completely.

I'm now wanting to go back to university and study Mental health nursing, I'm just wondering where I would stand from a financial point of view. Would I still be able to get funding towards my nursing degree?

The highest qualification I have is An access to HE Diploma (level 3)

Thanks for reading

Yes, because nursing courses are an exception to the previous study rule.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending