The Student Room Group

Why do people play minecraft?

why? it looks boring, bad graphics, why play it?
Reply 1
i dunno, maybe it's fun
It is way more fun than it first sounds, particularly if you play online with friends rather than just single player :yep:
Even Single player I find fun. Its awesome creating virtually anything you want to create. Great feeling when your thing you're creating is finally complete after spending a long time trying to build it and gather the resources for it.

Multi player just takes it too a whole new level of epic, unless your friends keep trolling and burning your house down :rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by Jam198

Hardly rocket science what the answer is.
Since when was graphics a reason to buy or not buy anything ever?
Original post by Jam198

Bad graphics?
Reply 7
Urgh I hate that nowadays the definition of a good game is just if it has'good graphics'. Game play and storylines go for nothing now with a lot of gamers, just graphics. Hence why COD is doing so well. The story of those games pretty much stays the same in each game but oh my, the graphics may be improved with the next game! :s-smilie:

Bad graphics = not necessarily a bad game
Good graphics = not necessarily a great game

Minecraft is a great game because there is so much the player can do and they aren't restricted as they are so many items to build and craft from and the map is almost infinite. I prefer playing Minecraft on a server with friends but it makes for a good single player game too. It is also highly customisable with resource packs.

Minecraft wont be everyones cup of tea and that is fine, but it shouldn't be put down instantly because of its 'graphics'.
(edited 10 years ago)
The same reason why loads of people played Runescape and Habbo back in the day.
because its actually a really good game?
Reply 10
Original post by dancingpanda
because its actually a really good game?

Spot on :wink:
Reply 11
Don't judge about book from it's cover :h: First, give it a go for few days and you will see everything yourself. I'm myself actually thinking maybe to give it a go but currently I'm attached to another game where you train various skills and level them up :teeth: I've been paying for it for about 3 years :u:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Because they've got a brain similar to children's. Honestly I feel like a child playing GTA V let alone Minecraft.
Reply 13
I would say it's because of the freedom it provides. Many, in fact most, of the games currently on the market, are severely limited in terms of how much one can explore and customise the experience. Minecraft doesn't have those problems. Feeling bored? Get some mods. Lonely? Build a house with your friends. Don't like the default look? Get a texture pack.
Because its a sandbox game which lets me do whatever the hell I want. Not blocking off parts off the game with invisible barriers everywhere (like every game ever), theres not a game like it anywhere.

Plus even now its pretty cheap unlike the majority of the **** that comes out on consoles every year.

Quick Reply

Latest