The Student Room Group

I feel.... different

For my whole life I have never really "fit in". I'm actually quite seemingly a normal person on the outside but on the inside I feel SO..... different? But it's very hard for me to describe how I really feel.

Okay, from the outside I seem fairly normal, friends, family and a nice home but on the inside I feel like I just don't belong on this planet and NOT in a typical "I don't belong on this planet let me die" scenario. I literally feel like I don't belong on this planet, i'm not sad, i'm not alone. I just feel like i'm an alien who has been placed onto Earth.

I have been through depression before and overcome it but this time it feels SO different. Like I said, I don't feel sad or alone so please don't reply with "you're depressed" because I already know what that feels like and this certainly isn't it.

I'll try and describe how I feel. I feel like everything is just a big game that we follow. Friends, family, education, money, jobs, houses, everything. I just don't WANT to fit into any of these... I know it sounds stupid but I guess thats my best way of explaining.

I'll sum it up into one quote -
"I don't feel like I fit on Earth, I feel like an alien, not sad, not alone, just..... different"

Scroll to see replies

I relate to some points of that, particularly the
I feel like everything is just a big game that we follow. Friends, family, education, money, jobs, houses, everything. I just don't WANT to fit into any of these... I know it sounds stupid but I guess thats my best way of explaining.

bit.

I feel like there's this path that we're all expected to follow, but I just don't want to. I don't have the energy ...
Is that how you feel too?
Reply 2
Original post by Maid Marian

I feel like there's this path that we're all expected to follow, but I just don't want to. I don't have the energy ...
Is that how you feel too?

That is exactly how I feel.
Now is the time for you to start looking for the Truth.

That is, if it is your will to find out what real life really is.
(edited 10 years ago)
its better being different than normal!
Original post by ThomasRain
That is exactly how I feel.

:console: :hugs:

At least we know that we're not alone :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Extremotroph
Now is the time for you to start looking for the Truth.

I'm presently looking for it but I have no clue what it is...
Reply 7
Don't worry you're not alone, I have these types of thoughts on almost a daily basis.
Reply 8
Original post by chocolatesauce
its better being different than normal!

I agree but surely feeling like an alien isn't good?
Reply 9
Original post by Machop
Don't worry you're not alone, I have these types of thoughts on almost a daily basis.

I don't mean to sound rude but just because i'm not alone it doesn't actually help my personal situation. Thanks for your contribution though
I agree but surely feeling like an alien isn't good?

yeah but trying to be normal gets boring and you just go back to being yourself...
Reply 11
Original post by chocolatesauce
yeah but trying to be normal gets boring and you just go back to being yourself...

Well no opinion is wrong so thanks for the contribution towards my situation.
Reply 12
this is going to sound weird. but have you ever thought of the possibility you might not be human? why do we have to be so closed minded? how do we know that you aren't of this world? you may have an alien parent. it sounds weird right now to say this, but in a few more years, i think more people will, i think aliens exist.

for example, how do we really know if we are human? how do we know?

so if you can be open minded about this, i hope this helps.
Your not alone , i'll wait till the end of time . Open your mind , surely its plain to see. - Anyone that gets that reference knows old school music.

The truth is dude we are all alone out here , the weak strive to fit in . Spend your youth finding what your path is , and living it out the way you want.
Reply 14
Original post by betamale
this is going to sound weird. but have you ever thought of the possibility you might not be human?

I have certainly thought of this. Quite a lot actually. Sometimes I do think that there is a bigger picture to Earth then what we see.
Reply 15
Original post by Rampant Rabbit
hey do you like bunnies

They are very cute.
They are very cute.

mm we're cuter inside
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Join the space program and search for your homeland.

In all seriousness I know how you feel. I just don't feel human a lot of the time.
Reply 19
Original post by swan stardust
Hello:smile:
personally i don't think there's any reason to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable and unhappy.Each person lives the way they think is right for themselves so if you do that too,you won't have to deal with this burden in your soul.Following the so called unwritten rules of how you should live your life is nonsense because each person is different and what applies to one doesn't necesserily apply to everybody else.The way i see it,the creative and free mind that i think you have is not fond of routine but longs for something worthwhile and meaningful.And this is so beautiful,the fact that you are not a copy of somebody else but you are you.Cherish the fact that you are unique and irreplaceable.The roads you can follow are limitelss,you can if you choose to,to live life for yourself.We can't change death but we can change the way we live.Sweetheart you don't need the approval of others to be who you are.Just because we don't live forever,it doesn't mean that we can't find moments of beauty.You can really have a life you enjoy if you start bit by bit to have faith and love for yourself.:h:
Whatever you need,you can always message me.
''You can become blind by seeing every day as a similar one.Each day is a different one,each day brings a miracle of its own.It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle''-Paulo Coelho
If you want,you could watch ''The Pursuit of Happiness'' and ''Million Dollar Baby'' as they could help you see things differently.

Thank you for your message, you've put a lot of thought into it and I really appreciate it. Theres a lot of food for thought. Thank you and i'll research those films.

Quick Reply

Latest