The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If everything goes to plan, I'll be studying English & TEFL at Coventry. It's been my first choice all along, but every time I get that look after I tell someone..you know the 'Coventry...seriously..first?..' look, I have been doubting myself a bit, so it's good to see other people not just putting Coventry as their back up :smile:

I think I liked Liberty Point halls best. Wish the bathroom thing didn't bother me, Singers so much cheaper! haha
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
im looking to do politics and history next year i have got a conditional offer from cov but is it a good course? are the teachers their supportive?
Reply 22
Original post by SillyEddy
Yeah, Singer was fairly decent. Probably in the top few for the social aspect. Some of the other halls have door security so you cannot access unless you live there, but in Singer you can let your own guests in and out, so most people would come and visit us at Singer instead of going to one of the other halls as you risk getting turned away.

Ah, thanks for letting me know that, it'll be one of the most important factors to me. Looks like I know where I want to go now!
Reply 23
Ive been accepted to study Social Work and have put it as my firm because I live in Coventry and it was the only option for me. Any body else been accepted to social work 2014 yet????? :smile:
Original post by jeannienicolas
Do you know whether your allowed to put your unconditional offer as an insurance? Or must it be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!
I put my conditional for Coventry as a firm and an unconditional offer as an insurance so this is absolutely fine.
Original post by jeannienicolas
I've applied to study media and communications in 2014 at Coventry :smile: when i went to the open days i felt really welcome and at ease; they were so friendly! I think its going to be my firm. The student satisifaction is really good too so they must be doing something right! haha
I'm in the same boat as all of you, the city is what puts me off. Everyone says its ****, but all the students say otherwise and look so happy! Plus, if your anything like me you won't want to be clubbing every night, i would rather go on a saturday and monday and then go and explore the city/cities surrounding it.

I think at the end of the day, university is what you make it. Obviously having a huge city and clubs and things to do everynight helps, but as long as you meet some decent people and have a laugh i think it will be good :smile:

Hope that helps! x

Hey, I've just finished my first year of a media and comms student, its a great course, the first two modules are probably the worse, so stick it out and then you'll love it. In regards to the city, you're right, it is what you make it. Kasbah is the best club and JJs is pretty good too, Hush on a Wednesday is student night and that a really cheap really good night. But if you're not a big clubbing person then there are pubs, theres a cinema and ice skating and you can watch the hockey too. You'll make great friends, my only advice would be to just be yourself and don't hide yourself away during fresher week cos the friends you make in your halls or your house will be your mates for the duration of uni.

Let me know if you want to know any more about cov or the course :smile:
I have just finished my Accounting and Finance degree at cov last week and although I didn't live at cov I can say that the uni is well organized and supports its students in every way possible. The newly built HUB was awesome to relax or do work and the library is massive hosting books, gadgets of all sorts for studying. I booked study rooms each week in my final year where me and my friends would study together using the various techs included in these rooms.
Original post by amihappy
Hey guys Im currently a first year politics/history student in cov and in my opinion the uni is amazing! Its modern,all organised and really friendly(student-teacher way). Well the city is not Birmingham or London but there are some good clubs like Kasbah, Hush and Jayjays. If you want to know something more specific just ask me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is the student accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest