The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do you speak German? If yes, i dont see why you could'nt study Maths in Germany. But not speaking German fluently would pose a problem, as few German unis offer undergraduate courses taught in English.
Reply 2
On the other hand: Maths is the universal language.... you'd definitely have less problems than an undergrad in an artsy subject.

I'd like to add that most people- if not all- that I know who want to do Maths here are geniouses or at least very close to this state. Plus Maths/ Further Maths A-level in the German system seems to be more difficult than it's English equivalents.
Furthermore you have to study certain subjects to be admitted at a German uni. Check with the individual unis or here.

Don't let you put off though: studying abroad is in any case a unique experience and if you're confident that you can cope, go for it, regardless of what all the others say. :smile:
I know someone, from my home country, who went to University of Delft to study Aerospace Engineering. That uni is offering some courses in English, so you should check with the uni of your choice whether the courses are taught in English or not (in the case, you prefer to study in English).
Reply 4
<A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>
I know someone, from my home country, who went to University of Delft to study Aerospace Engineering. That uni is offering some courses in English, so you should check with the uni of your choice whether the courses are taught in English or not (in the case, you prefer to study in English).

Mh, Delft is in the Netherlands though.

If it is not about money and you would like to study in Germany without the language barrier (if there is one, you may be bilingual/German for all I know), you could check out the International University Bremen. Their Maths program looks interesting.

Most German universities offer a Mathematik Vorkurs, which is in the running up to the start of term. This normally gives everyone the chance to catch up and reach a respectable level of mathematical knowledge.

Latest

Trending

Trending