The Student Room Group

Kings College Nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by fifimas
We had to sign confidentiality agreements not to discuss the scenarios, you will be expected to work as a team with the rest of your group in a scenario. It is all about how to relate to others, listening, engaging with people etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see okay thank you for letting me know. Do you have any other advice regarding the selection day as a whole?
Reply 141
Original post by F.abdi996
I see okay thank you for letting me know. Do you have any other advice regarding the selection day as a whole?

I would say, just be yourself, remember you are being watched from the beginning. Be attentive to the others when they are speaking, make sure you get your point across, don't be afraid to disagree with others and back up with your reasons why. Relax and enjoy it, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one that has attended PGDIP nursing selection days at Kings??! For the literacy test , do you get a different article to read on the day ?! Assuming the one online 'policy +' is just an example paper but the question asked about a paper will be similar/ the same?! Any one that can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Reply 143
Original post by Robyn-io
Woo :smile: which branch did you apply for?

Adult nursing what about you? :smile:
Can anyone give me some advice on how the tests went on the selection day? For the literacy part, is there any essay writing?

I've got mine coming up soon and feeling pretty nervous!
has anyone got invited for the kings selection day on 14th may for adult nursing? soooo nervous:colondollar:
Original post by aspiringnurse
Can anyone give me some advice on how the tests went on the selection day? For the literacy part, is there any essay writing?

I've got mine coming up soon and feeling pretty nervous!

is ur selection day on 14th may?
Original post by nursing1995
is ur selection day on 14th may?

no it's on the 30th April :smile:

I'm attending 30th April :smile:

oh okaii good luck :smile: xxx
Original post by doctordee
I had my selection day last week Wednesday :smile:

how do you think i should revise for the group discussion and for the english test for kings?was the english test a comprehension paper? xxx thanks in advance
Original post by nursing1995
how do you think i should revise for the group discussion and for the english test for kings?was the english test a comprehension paper? xxx thanks in advance

The English was a comprehension exercise, with some shorter and a long question. I found It hard to finish in the time. I don't think you can revise for the group activity. Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fifimas
The English was a comprehension exercise, with some shorter and a long question. I found It hard to finish in the time. I don't think you can revise for the group activity. Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank u so much.that helped me a lot thank you :smile: xxx
Original post by Debbiemarie1990
I'm attending 30th April :smile:

For child or adult? :smile:

Im pretty nervous as it's my first choice! :eek:
For child or adult? :smile:

Im pretty nervous as it's my first choice! :eek:

Adult, you? :smile: I'm nervous now too!! X
Good luck tomorrow everyone attending the selection day. Hopefully meet some of you there!
I have attempted to set up a facebook group for 2014 KCL nurses. The link is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/835223633157921/
I hope this works and we can all get to know each other x
Original post by fifimas
I have attempted to set up a facebook group for 2014 KCL nurses. The link is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/835223633157921/
I hope this works and we can all get to know each other x

How long did they take to get back to you?
Original post by Indokrib
How long did they take to get back to you?

It was about 10 days I think....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who went to the selection day on the 30th April had any replies yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending