The Student Room Group

ITGS Extended Essay

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ok...thanks...so can anyone else whose doing or done this subject please give me some advice? : )
Reply 21
I am doing ITGS HL, with my exam in Nov 06. I also did my EE in ITGS.

My topic was "The Relationship between the Development and Evolution of Video Game Industry and 3D Graphics Engine and the Impact of this on Society".

Being that I have not yet recieved my results (obviously), I really can't say whether this was a particularly good or bad topic choice, nor whether my efforts were commendable. I do, however, have a ITGS EE sample essay, which apparently scored an A.

The topic used for that particular essay was "The Impact of Google on it's Consumer's Privacy".

Personally, I think something that goes "blah blah and it's imapact on blah blah", the second blah blah having to do with society, is probably the best format for a topic in ITGS. This can be anything IT related really. Maybe a topic about the addictive nature of MMOs, and their effect of the players (there was an article a while ago about how people were starting to take real life into a virtual life - look it up on newscientist.com) could be interesting, if you like that kind of thing.

Relating to the essay itself; make sure that you can find a pretty decent source article for it, and check out the Criteria J,K,L first, unlike me, lol. Other than that, it's really like a normal ITGS essay, except with more words. xD

Sorry for the long post. I hope that answers your questions. =)
Reply 22
Thanks..That helped loads : )
Does the source have to be an article?? Could it be from a video?

Cheers
just do a script of the video :p: or just quote the video give a minute number or something
Reply 24
Yes; I used an episode of a TV program. You'll need to find a transcript, and source it of course, but using and sort of media is fine. (Just don't try and send them a video tape, or something, lol)
Reply 25
Here's a sample ITGS Extended essay I uploaded so you can have an idea :smile:

Download here: http://www.netsafehouse.com/uploader/?d=B10383921
Reply 26
heyy. i know this out of topic but can i find a question online and change it into my own words and do it? i am simply clueless about my EE and i solely want to do it in ITGS? please can some one help for finding an itgs question in the education bit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending