The Student Room Group

Chat 'Cause You Can't Sleep

So I'm sleeping very little at moment (on average about 4 hours a night) and this means I don't get sleepy until the wee hours of the morning :frown:

I figure there must be other people on here who have trouble sleeping too, or are just awake at 11pm on a Sunday night anyway.

Anyone wanna chat about anything? I'm easy with anything :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gjaykay
So I'm sleeping very little at moment (on average about 4 hours a night) and this means I don't get sleepy until the wee hours of the morning :frown:

I figure there must be other people on here who have trouble sleeping too, or are just awake at 11pm on a Sunday night anyway.

The same, I get so little sleep, bad habit, got school tomorrow though, so I have to go..
Yep yep. I've become the lightest sleeper in the world. Once upon a time, when I was around 15 years old, I used to be able to sleep through someone using the damn hoover in my room but now something like turning my head or moving my fingers wakes me up.
Reply 3
No lessons until 11am tomorrow = lie in = can afford to stay up watching TV shows :biggrin:
As much as I tell myself I'll start trying to get to bed earlier, I'm never in bed by 11pm. Night time TV is too good.
Reply 5
Original post by AMYC1999
The same, I get so little sleep, bad habit, got school tomorrow though, so I have to go..

Unlucky, hopefully the Monday blues wont hit you too hard :smile:

Original post by Vixen47
Yep yep. I've become the lightest sleeper in the world. Once upon a time, when I was around 15 years old, I used to be able to sleep through someone using the damn hoover in my room but now something like turning my head or moving my fingers wakes me up.

I know what you mean - I used to sleep through fire alarms, but I've snored myself awake before ><
Reply 6
I never sleep until really late too. I end up sleeping through alarms and being late to college. Unfortunately, they don't recognise this as a legitimate reason for bad attendance :P

And it's perfectly OK to turn nocturnal in the holidays, remember.

Reading Jane Austen usually helps. All the adverbs.
I'm on a gap year lol so I probably have the most legitimate reason to be awake.

I remember the days of stressing about sleeping early cause I had school the next day and ending up sleeping at 4pm anyway :sigh:

Now I sleep at 6:30am and wake up whenever :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'm on a gap year lol so I probably have the most legitimate reason to be awake.

I remember the days of stressing about sleeping early cause I had school the next day and ending up sleeping at 4pm anyway :sigh:

Now I sleep at 6:30am and wake up whenever :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must say I have enjoyed having a fag (and hot chocolate!) and watching the sunrise, although blasted winter keeps making that later & later, and it's now cloudy as balls :frown:
Reply 9
somehow these last two weeks I've managed to keep reversing my sleep pattern so now I go to bed at 6am and wake up at 3pm D: I had fixed it for a while,but my lie ins on sunday until half 1 always muck it up....

getting up 8 for lecture tomorrow is gunna be hell :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tillytots
somehow these last two weeks I've managed to keep reversing my sleep pattern so now I go to bed at 6am and wake up at 3pm D: I had fixed it for a while,but my lie ins on sunday until half 1 always muck it up....

that's the worst; i get the exact same thing

it's like i have to stay awake at night yet can never wake up
Reply 11
Haha I've been doing 12.5 hour shifts for the past month which slightly helped my lack of ability to sleep at a reasonable time. But now I'm here so haha
Reply 12
Yep, I'm still awake too, was out late at a party last night and so I was asleep til lunchtime today....urgh this could have a knock on effect for days!
Reply 13
Original post by Gjaykay

It's not good to sleep only 4hrs a night :frown: Will have full lessons tomorrow but still don't get sleepy ><

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gjaykay
I must say I have enjoyed having a fag (and hot chocolate!) and watching the sunrise, although blasted winter keeps making that later & later, and it's now cloudy as balls :frown:

Eeurgh. Hate hot chocolate, why do so many people like it?

When is sunrise now, 8am? I wouldn't know, can't remember the last time I was awake before 10am...:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by xxxraooz
It's not good to sleep only 4hrs a night :frown: Will have full lessons tomorrow but still don't get sleepy ><

Yeah but doing a full day of hard work without sleep is even worse :redface:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Eeurgh. Hate hot chocolate, why do so many people like it?

When is sunrise now, 8am? I wouldn't know, can't remember the last time I was awake before 10am...:erm:

It's chocolate, that you drink! Can't lie - it's pretty great :yep:
Depends on the weather (how cloudy it is) but yeah between half 7 and half 8 now. During summer it was like half 6, and it ismuch better sunrise. Damn winter -.-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw

I can't stop......

......(staying awake):tongue:
Reply 17
Yeah I had a big mug of foamy hot chocolate earlier, I poured in a double espresso and it was perfectly delicious. In retrospect maybe that's why I am still awake!
Reply 18
Think of the girl working with me always says it's nearly next day when works till midnight :smile: Ugh time to sleep now ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not awake because I can't sleep, I'm awake because I have an anatomy/physiology assigment due in tomorrow and it's not quite finished. But eh. :/

Quick Reply

Latest