The Student Room Group

Would you be put off online dating if you knew this?

I am a 3rd year fashion management student, and as part of my coursework I have been asked to gather primary qualitative research on the various issues surrounding ethics and consumer protection in regards to online dating. Unfortunately, I have found it difficult to obtain qualitative information as I have found most people I know are reluctant to share much information. I chose to study ethics in online dating because surprisingly, many dating websites utilise fake profiles to make money, and they do not pay enough attention to the safety and security of users.

Can you name any dating websites you have used

Do you feel secure using dating websites based on the information provided readily to you by the site

Online dating app, Tinder, recently had a security faux pas. The app unwittingly exposed users locations. However, Tinder still allows users to see how far away other users are, and with enough effort users could spoof their own location to work out the location of others. What are your views on this, Would you still use the app

How quickly after meeting someone online do you begin giving details out about yourself

Have you ever arranged an actual meeting with someone you have met on a dating website

Many dating websites have been caught creating pseudo-profiles which they hire staff to man to entice (particularly male) customers into paying for full membership to converse with these profiles. It has been found that many of the profiles are fake profiles, with details of people from other websites or even google used (against their knowledge). What are your views on this

Would you have a negative view on websites creating pseudo profiles considering almost every dating website does it now and considers it a necessary part of competition within the market

Would you work for a dating company as a pseudo profile operator? Or at any level knowing this takes place

Do you think people who have had their photos and details stolen from dating websites are right to sue them

Sorry, I know it's alot. I'm finding it very difficult to get intelligent feedback I can use for this! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending