The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my A Levels good enough for LSE?

Hi everyone! I have already achieved A*AA in my A Levels of Psychology, Economics and French. In September I went to the University of Leeds to study Economics and Politics however I realised the course/uni was not for me so I withdrew from the uni and reapplied to LSE today for Politics and Philosophy. I'm really worried that I won't get an offer and will end up with no university option! Does anybody have any encouraging news? Or is anybody else currently waiting for an offer from LSE? :smile:
Reply 1
You will have to state your GCSE's...

A*AA are brilliant grades, well done. But remember, even if you do get rejected, LSE is one of the most competitive universities to get into, so don't be too down about it. You can easily get into a Russel Group university with those grades.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by AnharM
You will have to state your GCSE's...

A*AA are brilliant grades, well done. But remember, even if you do get rejected, LSE is one of the most competitive universities to get into, so don't be too down about it. You can easily get into a Russel Group university with those grades.

Thanks for your reply! :smile: My GCSEs were English A*, French A*, Maths A, Biology A, Business Studies A, History A, Art A, Chemistry B, Physics B and English Lit B. Those 3 Bs have always bugged me but it was 2 and a half years ago now so I should probably get over it haha! I've also applied to King's College London, Durham and Newcastle but I'm just slightly worried that they will hold it against me that I have already been to university for a term :/ My personal statement gave reasons that I wanted a more challenging and stimulating degree and institution, and my referee made my leaving university into a positive but I'm concerned they won't take me seriously now! Fingers crossed though :smile:
My predicted grades at A levels are A*A*A*BB in Eco, business, accounting, English and maths respectively. I got 2As in AS also. I bagged the first place in India across four cambridge as level subjects also :3

i know now my math could be a problem but I scored an A* in my GCSE in maths. I screwed up in AS and that's why the full a level score will be low. Is it possible that I get an offer from LSE? Should I apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending