The Student Room Group

As/A level go die -.-"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by pink pineapple
I remember thinking this throughout the whole of the Christmas holidays last year but in the end I managed to get As in all of my exams. Just keep going and do a solid amount of revision over the holiday. Get yourself into a really good routine of working, not only will it benefit you in the short term with your Jan exams but in the long term too. I know it's been said a lot on here but A2 is harder than AS.

I'm not prepared at all & I've failed every class test :/ .. I hope to be able to cover everything before Jan
Reply 81
Original post by Chukkeigh
Just wait till uni. You will literally be up the entire night to go over a bloody essay making sure that you referenced it correctly to avoid plagiarism. I just keep eating and eating :frown:.

Basically life keeps getting harder and harder no mercy :/ .. I'm glad I'm not the only eater & sleep deprived person :')
Original post by b_said
tbh everything is hectic :tongue:

On the first day of year 12 last year... the head of sixth form in assembly was like "These next two years are probably going to be some of the toughest years of your life" and I was sitting there like " :rolleyes:Yeah alright mate" And now I know what the hell he's on about lol!
Reply 83
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
On the first day of year 12 last year... the head of sixth form in assembly was like "These next two years are probably going to be some of the toughest years of your life" and I was sitting there like " :rolleyes:Yeah alright mate" And now I know what the hell he's on about lol!

Lol, The exact same thing happened to me .. it sounded like a joke but now I get what's going on :tongue:
Original post by b_said
Lol, The exact same thing happened to me .. it sounded like a joke but now I get what's going on :tongue:

Haha trust me, are you in uni or you're also in Yr 13?
Reply 85
I study for a degree, whilst having a full time job as a Quantity Surveyor managing circa £100m of sites. I tell you now, you are in for a real shock if you are struggling at A-Level.
Reply 86
Haha trust me, are you in uni or you're also in Yr 13?

Year 12 v.v .. I'm not doing 13 it's just too much .. I'm going straight to uni after As
Reply 87
Original post by AT06
I study for a degree, whilst having a full time job as a Quantity Surveyor managing circa £100m of sites. I tell you now, you are in for a real shock if you are struggling at A-Level.

Wow that's nice .. Im not struggling .. I just haven't caught up so we'll see what happens..
Original post by b_said
Year 12 v.v .. I'm not doing 13 it's just too much .. I'm going straight to uni after As

Are you allowed to do that!??
Reply 89
Are you allowed to do that!??

Here yes .. As is not necessary cz both ways I will have to do foundation year but if I do A2 then I don't have to do foundation .. I'd rather do foundation than A2
Original post by b_said
I'm not prepared at all & I've failed every class test :/ .. I hope to be able to cover everything before Jan

Class tests aren't necessarily an indicator of how well you will do in the actual. Use them to see where you went wrong and how you can improve or speak to your teachers. If you start revising now and use the holidays sensibly, you should be able to cover everything. Especially if you condense everything down so it's easier to understand. I'm not sure what subjects you do but for mine, I found practicing exam technique helped massively so in the exam, not only did I know the information but I also knew exactly how to answer the question. Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine in the end :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by b_said
Wow that's nice .. Im not struggling .. I just haven't caught up so we'll see what happens..

One tip for A/AS Level, and within work in general, focus on one thing at a time. No other distractions whatsoever - just one thing at a time. Dedicate one day of revision to one subject, then split it into its component parts and list them in priority order. Then learn each one by one.

Sticking to one thing at a time is key to revision.
Reply 92
Original post by b_said
Thanks :'( .. I'm gonna jump into uni & do foundation A2 is not a must this I won't watch myself suffer through A2 I heard it's sooooooo unbelievably pointlessly hard o.O

Not a problem. :smile: Oh I see, that's a good idea! Oh trust me its all true, I'm doing A2 right now :sadnod: makes me wish I stayed in America so I'd only have to do my SATs...A levels are just so annoying man! I swear it, apparently its easier to get a degree although the 3rd year is particularly hard :/ Ah well, you'll be fine :penguinhug: Just work hard, revise and do your very best :h:
Reply 93
Original post by lucine.B
Not a problem. :smile: Oh I see, that's a good idea! Oh trust me its all true, I'm doing A2 right now :sadnod: makes me wish I stayed in America so I'd only have to do my SATs...A levels are just so annoying man! I swear it, apparently its easier to get a degree although the 3rd year is particularly hard :/ Ah well, you'll be fine :penguinhug: Just work hard, revise and do your very best :h:

Thanks :penguinhug: will do & hopefully we'll all get through all the hard times successfully soon :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by pink pineapple
Class tests aren't necessarily an indicator of how well you will do in the actual. Use them to see where you went wrong and how you can improve or speak to your teachers. If you start revising now and use the holidays sensibly, you should be able to cover everything. Especially if you condense everything down so it's easier to understand. I'm not sure what subjects you do but for mine, I found practicing exam technique helped massively so in the exam, not only did I know the information but I also knew exactly how to answer the question. Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine in the end :smile:

Hopefully I will too & I agree :biggrin: .. Thank you very much you gave me hope :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by b_said
Thanks :penguinhug: will do & hopefully we'll all get through all the hard times successfully soon :smile:

Anytime! :h: :jumphug: I'm sure you will :smile: Yeah I hope that too! I wish us all the very best of luck, hopefully we shall pass with flying colours :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest