The Student Room Group

Voice Acting - How to get involved in Voice Acting. (Curious Question)

Hello creative side of TSR.

I'm unsure if i was meant to place this in this specific section. Forgive me if it is in the wrong section and move it.

I really want to hear from people with experience in Voice Acting. It seems like a very competitive and interesting industry. How does one actually go about getting into Voice Acting from early stages and develop to get their foot in the door and what does it really take to get your foot in the door?

It would be really awesome to hear from people with experience in Voice Acting.

Any advice at all would be extremely appreciated,

Kind Regards,

-PauseTheMoment
Well, some indie games do want voice talent for some lines :smile:
Reply 2
Well it used to be something I was quite set on - I suppose if you want some experience there are a number of Youtube movies which require voice acting - I'm doing that right now and it's lot's of fun! Professionally, I believe it's quite similar to mainstream acting (not quite the word but I'm not sure how else to word it) - I think just by trying your luck at various auditions and discovering who and where are seeking talent is a place to start.
Reply 3
Original post by SecretDuck
Well, some indie games do want voice talent for some lines :smile:

Video Games? That would be amazing to get even a slight role in ANY game - I am a huge avid gamer. Again Thank you for your response. Please can you refer to a specific source such as a site for auditions.

Quick and Awesome responses.

Original post by Alice_95
Well it used to be something I was quite set on - I suppose if you want some experience there are a number of Youtube movies which require voice acting - I'm doing that right now and it's lot's of fun! Professionally, I believe it's quite similar to mainstream acting (not quite the word but I'm not sure how else to word it) - I think just by trying your luck at various auditions and discovering who and where are seeking talent is a place to start.

Thank you for responding. I will look into YouTube movie auditions. Glad to see that you have had the ambition at one point to get started into this competitive industry.

Do you have a Voice Acting demo? Does it have to be considerably long?
Original post by PauseTheMoment
Video Games? That would be amazing to get even a slight role in ANY game - I am a huge avid gamer. Again Thank you for your response. Please can you refer to a specific source such as a site for auditions.

Thank you for responding. I will look into YouTube movie auditions. Glad to see that you have had the ambition at one point to get started into this competitive industry.

VoiceBunny is pretty good - contribute voices to video game mods and indie games there and you can build a nice portfolio :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by PauseTheMoment

I myself am also an avid gamer!! :smile: Um I'm not aware of many specifics, although a quick Google search throws up a number of options. I really wanted to be an actress, especially in video games! Um well I have a Youtube clip - the quality isn't great but heigh ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkOpIErotXo
You can get into it through video games :smile: My Dad has done quite a few video games.
Or if you want to do Voice Overs (the correct term for voicing animations and adverts) you train as a conventional actor and add this to your list of abilities.
Reply 8
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
You can get into it through video games :smile: My Dad has done quite a few video games.

Wow nice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest