The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

English Literature with Creative Writing 2014 Applicants

Hey! Anyone know how long it is until RHUL start handing out offers after looking over the portfolios? I'm guessing January must be when they start making offers, but I'm not sure if there's an actual date set anywhere...
Reply 1
Hiya I've applied for this course too! Sent mine off last week but my portfolio went a couple weeks prior. Did you receive confirmation that they had received your creative writing?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hey! I've been trying to find this out too... From what the "English Offers 2012" page says, it looks like they generally wait until after Christmas but that was two years ago and there aren't many examples...

I have a confirmation that my application has arrived but I don't know if that includes the portfolio?
Original post by stanakaticshair
Hey! Anyone know how long it is until RHUL start handing out offers after looking over the portfolios? I'm guessing January must be when they start making offers, but I'm not sure if there's an actual date set anywhere...

Original post by KCruse
Hiya I've applied for this course too! Sent mine off last week but my portfolio went a couple weeks prior. Did you receive confirmation that they had received your creative writing?

Original post by jazzofbagend
Hey! I've been trying to find this out too... From what the "English Offers 2012" page says, it looks like they generally wait until after Christmas but that was two years ago and there aren't many examples...

I have a confirmation that my application has arrived but I don't know if that includes the portfolio?

Dear all,
Just to let you know I have spoken with one of the course directors, who reads the portfolios, and he has let me know that they should be in a position to make offers mid to end of January for portfolios that were submitted at the December deadline. I know how nervous you can get waiting but I suggest, if you can(!), that now you know when you should hear back try not to stress and just enjoy your Christmas break (and eat lots of Christmas chocolate! :smile: )
If anyone needs confirmation on whether their portfolio has been received please PM me and I will check for you!
Laurel
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Dear all,
Just to let you know I have spoken with one of the course directors, who reads the portfolios, and he has let me know that they should be in a position to make offers mid to end of January for portfolios that were submitted at the December deadline. I know how nervous you can get waiting but I suggest, if you can(!), that now you know when you should hear back try not to stress and just enjoy your Christmas break (and eat lots of Christmas chocolate! :smile: )
If anyone needs confirmation on whether their portfolio has been received please PM me and I will check for you!
Laurel

Thanks for the info, it's good to have an idea of when offers will be out. :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from them yet? The tension is killing me... :')
Reply 6
Nope heard nothing yet! I know people who applied for business or history have all heard back and have an interview for Feb! X
Hi :smile: the wait to here from RH is driving me mad! It's my first choice and I applied for single honours english too and got an offer but really want to do English with creative writing! It's the end of January so i'm kind of hoping we start to hear things today but we probably wont... Eek! Fingers crossed though! Good luck everyone:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, same! I've come to the realisation in the past few weeks that I should have applied for more courses at Royal Holloway because it's literally the only place I really want to go but ah well. Hopefully in the next few days though - I can't stand much more of this arghh x
Just got an email from Ben Markovits (the senior lecturer who reads the portfolios) saying that we should hear from admissions very soon :3
Reply 10
I received an email friday about submitting a creative writing piece by 17th February however I already did this for the December 7th deadline. Does anyone know how to check they have your portfolio?
Yeah I got an email like that too which is why I emailed Ben. It was just a mistake for me so it's probably the same for you :smile:

You can email [email protected] if you want to check x
Reply 12
I got an offer Thursday night! So so pleased :smile: does anyone know what the timetable is like for this course? Or how we find out?

Xx
Original post by KCruse
I got an offer Thursday night! So so pleased :smile: does anyone know what the timetable is like for this course? Or how we find out?

Xx

Hi,
Congrats on the offer!
If you want to know more about the outline of the course, module choice etc you can contact the department on: [email protected]
They will be happy to answer your questions! :smile:
Laurel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending