The Student Room Group

AQA Business Unit 1 - Revision notes

Scroll to see replies

In the last question,I got £88,000 profit as well.I started off with a definition,and then explained in detail why profit target would be met. (TC-TR=>£85000).I than tried to evaluate by saying that this is only true provided:a)sales are indeed 5000,and b)Terence manages to reduce his fixed costs. I do agree this was an unusual quesion for a 15 marker.

In the first 15marker I said that yes primary was more useful because it was specific,and up to date (with application to the case)

I did get about 54% for the fixed costs question,I think its wrong.
Original post by afctom
5000 units at £50 each - £250,000

Fixed costs were 52,000

Cant remember what the variable costs were

Came out with 98 thousand something

Ah well, that last question was horrible so probably low grade boundaries

It said the variable.cost were to increase. by 10% so new VC wud be 22.00 as VC of garments was 20.00, so 22.00 x 5000 = 110,000 and FC was 72,000? But that last question was distgusting! Last yr boundaries were 38/60 for A?!!! Wth if it.goes.lower... oh man But buss2 is pretty S*** I hate it, not enough time!!! grr
Surely if the answer was 66.666% you round up to 66.7%?

That's what I did anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ramitamimi
In the last question,I got £88,000 profit as well.I started off with a definition,and then explained in detail why profit target would be met. (TC-TR=>£85000).I than tried to evaluate by saying that this is only true provided:a)sales are indeed 5000,and b)Terence manages to reduce his fixed costs. I do agree this was an unusual quesion for a 15 marker.

In the first 15marker I said that yes primary was more useful because it was specific,and up to date (with application to the case)

I did get about 54% for the fixed costs question,I think its wrong.

yeah bro, i got 54% too, and when time's up, i check the answer and it was wrong. 54% is the percentage if sales were 5000, not at break-even point. i didnt read the question carefully :frown:
Last question was a bit unusual but overall I thought the paper was good!

Nice to see most people get £24 for the first question, not even sure how I got to the answer but that doesn't matter now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesButcher
I got 88,000 aswell , i got 2/3 or 66.6% for the percentage question and £24 for the variable costs.

Yep, I got that as well!
Thank you so much! Using this for my GCSE as we learn the same things in unit 1 too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by than4711
yeah bro, i got 54% too, and when time's up, i check the answer and it was wrong. 54% is the percentage if sales were 5000, not at break-even point. i didnt read the question carefully :frown:

When did it say in context of break even point?
It,said Break,even point in the question not context.
Reply 69
Original post by than4711

No its not the sales were 3000 units never 5000 anyways and alright the questions said at the current breakeven point (shown opposite) what % of the total costs are fixed costs? That clearly implies that total costs are meant to be used for 3000 units which were 132000 not the costs at the breakeven point
Original post by Revel
I've attached my Unit 1 notes, which got me full marks in the exam, for anybody who is studying AQA A Level BUSS1.

I've typed them into a compressed form myself, and they contain all of the topics and Key Terms you need to know for your first exam. You might find it easier to print them off rather than revise from your computer screen. Good luck!

Here are my BUSS2 Notes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2651481

Edit: BUSS1 has been and gone so I'll remove the notes and close this thread. I hope everybody did well!

--

Original post by GoldGhost
Is this for A level or GCSE?

Hey im wondering if you still have these notes im starting business and i need a lot of help
Reply 71
could u send it to me
why have you removed the notes?
Please can you upload the buss 1 notes xx
Original post by Revel
I've attached my Unit 1 notes, which got me full marks in the exam, for anybody who is studying AQA A Level BUSS1.

I've typed them into a compressed form myself, and they contain all of the topics and Key Terms you need to know for your first exam. You might find it easier to print them off rather than revise from your computer screen. Good luck!

Here are my BUSS2 Notes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2651481

Edit: BUSS1 has been and gone so I'll remove the notes and close this thread. I hope everybody did well!

--

please! I need the notes!!!
Reply 75
HELLO, i cannot find you BUSS1 notes..
can i have the notes?? i find it impossible to find them...
Original post by Revel

--

Do you still have them buss 1 notes?
Have you still got the notes would greatly appreciate them thanks
Reply 79
can you put up the revision notes again please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending