The Student Room Group

please help me - revision problems

I have 7 exams in May/June 2014.
2 Maths.
2 Chemistry.
3 Physics.

I'm so worried :frown:
So far I've only done a bit of Physics as I find that the hardest...

I don't know what to do? How do I manage my time and get back into the whole revision mode :frown:

I find Physics so so hard... I revise it one day and the next it's gone out of my head :frown: I find it so hard to even understand :frown:

Maths is okay... Haven't started revision for it yet though :frown: I really need to though because I need to get an A or higher :frown:

Chemistry is my favourite subject but still don't find it greaaat. I think with Chemistry it's just a matter of finding time to do it

I think what I really need help with is a revision timetable... :frown:
Sorry I undestand everybody is busy with christmas shopping and parties and maybe even revision but I really need help with constructing a revision timetable :frown:
I've tried online but they don't seem to have an impact on me :frown: I need someone to be like 'YOU HAVE 7 EXAMS AND 4 MONTHS TO REVISE. PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN.' but also 'IT'S POSSIBLE.'
Don't make a revision time table.

Everyday before you go to sleep, make a note of what homework you will do the next day, and then work around that and see what revision you can fit in. Go day by day

Also, set targets. Eg: By this weekend I will have covered topic xyz, so I can do past paper questions on topic xyz the following week
I have almost double that amount of exams D;
Here's what I do: get a blank calendar and print it off, making sure that I have extra space at the bottom to add little notes. For each subject, I have a different colour pen so that I don't take up extra space (in the little day blocks I only have to draw a tiny square, for example a green one for biology).
I also have a huge stack of post-it notes for homework and revision notices or reminders which I stick onto the calendar if a certain thing needs doing urgently.
I don't really plan out what I need to revise, I just go with the flow - however, if I notice that I have too much if one colour and barely any of another in one week, I try and focus on the subject I've done the least work for, within the next week.
If there's a deadline coming up, I sometimes write a little countdown in one of the corners or a day block - which enables me to have 4 countdowns. Although I've just started A2 bio so maybe I should add another colour to my calendar which would enable me to have another countdown :colondollar:

Every weekend look through your notes and condense them. Try to get one topic onto a postcard sized piece of paper, or make loads of posters and stick them all over your house. Buy some blank revision cards (I use record cards from Tesco) and write definitions or the really important facts on these. (I sort them into 4 stacks, one for each subject. I carry these around with me wherever I go - I always read through them on the bus or in the car).
Try and aim to do at least a couple of past papers every month so you know exactly what your weaknesses are, then improve on them. By the time exams come around you should be fully prepared. :smile:

I hope I've helped :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm fairly certain you do 3 maths exams for AS, not two, C1, C2 and an applied one, seeing as you're not doing further maths, either D1, S1 or M1

Quick Reply

Latest