Any Offers/Rejections after this email?
How far into the email is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james8821
Any Offers/Rejections after this email?
How far into the email is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the 4 weeks end this friday for the earliest few!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Imagine getting a rejection after receiving this email. I would kick lse in the nuts!
Reply 3
Original post by ida3388
Imagine getting a rejection after receiving this email. I would kick lse in the nuts!

That would be so harsh from them. I was happy as **** when I received the mail but now it just sounds like everyone received it... I hope I'll get an offer anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by solaars
That would be so harsh from them. I was happy as f*ck when I received the mail but now it just sounds like everyone received it... I hope I'll get an offer anyway.

I certainly hope so for both of us. Although it's usually people who recieved the email who would want to talk about it on the student room. You never know how many would not have gotten the email and got rejections instead. Anyway, so far I have not heard anybody getting rejected after receiving that email. But then again it's still too early to know that that's the case for sure. I hate waiting, I hope they are not messing with me with that email.
Reply 5
Original post by ida3388
I certainly hope so for both of us. Although it's usually people who recieved the email who would want to talk about it on the student room. You never know how many would not have gotten the email and got rejections instead. Anyway, so far I have not heard anybody getting rejected after receiving that email. But then again it's still too early to know that that's the case for sure. I hate waiting, I hope they are not messing with me with that email.

I did not read about anyone who got rejected after that mail, true. Let's just wait. Good luck :smile:
What are the other unis you applied for?
Reply 6
Original post by solaars
I did not read about anyone who got rejected after that mail, true. Let's just wait. Good luck :smile:
What are the other unis you applied for?

I've applied to LSE Cambridge UCL Warwick and Bristol, have offers from Bristol and Warwick but I'm not sure how well the Cambridge interview went, but it doesn't matter as much as LSE since it is my dream school and I prefer it to Cambridge. UCL is the only one where I haven't heard from, wish I applied earlier so that I would know about decisions earlier ;( how about you?
Reply 7
Original post by ida3388
I've applied to LSE Cambridge UCL Warwick and Bristol, have offers from Bristol and Warwick but I'm not sure how well the Cambridge interview went, but it doesn't matter as much as LSE since it is my dream school and I prefer it to Cambridge. UCL is the only one where I haven't heard from, wish I applied earlier so that I would know about decisions earlier ;( how about you?

Applied for Oxford, LSE, St Andrews, Warwick and UCL :smile: (I'm an international student from France, I allowed myself to apply only to the cream of the crop because if I only receive rejections I still have my chances in France.
I received a rejections from Oxford two weeks ago and felt bad, the mail from LSE saying that I was one of the strongest made me feel really better but now that I realize that many people received it, I don't know how to take it! Now news from UCL, Warwick and St-Andrews yet.. I hope I'll have a place, studying in the UK would be so good!
Reply 8
Original post by solaars
Applied for Oxford, LSE, St Andrews, Warwick and UCL :smile: (I'm an international student from France, I allowed myself to apply only to the cream of the crop because if I only receive rejections I still have my chances in France.
I received a rejections from Oxford two weeks ago and felt bad, the mail from LSE saying that I was one of the strongest made me feel really better but now that I realize that many people received it, I don't know how to take it! Now news from UCL, Warwick and St-Andrews yet.. I hope I'll have a place, studying in the UK would be so good!

Don't worry! Yes there seems to be quite few people who have the same email. But at this stage we should stay positive and be happy that it wasn't a rejection. The email sounds nothing but positivity! You know it is actually harder to get into lse than Oxford, and lse is just as good as Oxbridge. So don't let the oxford rejection make you feel bad. You are obviously a good student! I'm also an international student too from Canada/china. The lse email really made my whole week after such a long wait! I also have a plan B where if I don't get ucl lse or Cambridge I would apply for Canadian universities. Fingers crossed! I hope you and I will have a place there. Hope plan A works out. Have a nice Xmas holiday.:wink:
Reply 9
Original post by ida3388
Don't worry! Yes there seems to be quite few people who have the same email. But at this stage we should stay positive and be happy that it wasn't a rejection. The email sounds nothing but positivity! You know it is actually harder to get into lse than Oxford, and lse is just as good as Oxbridge. So don't let the oxford rejection make you feel bad. You are obviously a good student! I'm also an international student too from Canada/china. The lse email really made my whole week after such a long wait! I also have a plan B where if I don't get ucl lse or Cambridge I would apply for Canadian universities. Fingers crossed! I hope you and I will have a place there. Hope plan A works out. Have a nice Xmas holiday.:wink:

Hey thanks, you sound like a nice person. I felt exactly the same after receiving the lse mail. Let's hope it all works out fine for us, and may we see each other someday in one of the university we applied for.
Best of luck. :wink:
Reply 10
my friend received an email from LSE that her application is really strong and then got rejected 'for not showing enough interest in the course (PS)'
Reply 11
Original post by Aniaa
my friend received an email from LSE that her application is really strong and then got rejected 'for not showing enough interest in the course (PS)'

Hi. Thanks for letting us know. Are you sure it's the "strongest email" or the "strong enough email" do you know?
Reply 12
Original post by solaars
Hey thanks, you sound like a nice person. I felt exactly the same after receiving the lse mail. Let's hope it all works out fine for us, and may we see each other someday in one of the university we applied for.
Best of luck. :wink:

Thanks! :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by ida3388
Hi. Thanks for letting us know. Are you sure it's the "strongest email" or the "strong enough email" do you know?

well she was really excited when she got it. It read: your application is really strong' and then that they will consider her futher. She applied for Economics and Mathematics if it helps you :smile:
Original post by ida3388

By what measure is LSE just as good as Oxbridge?

The entry standard at Oxbridge is higher than LSE, so I wouldn't claim that it is harder to get into LSE. I don't think you can reach this conclusion from the raw statistics on applicants/offers. Schools only encourage the best students to apply to Oxbridge, they actively discourage mediocre or less than stellar students. I cannot say the same for LSE.
Reply 15
Original post by gouratiltzen
By what measure is LSE just as good as Oxbridge?

The entry standard at Oxbridge is higher than LSE, so I wouldn't claim that it is harder to get into LSE. I don't think you can reach this conclusion from the raw statistics on applicants/offers. Schools only encourage the best students to apply to Oxbridge, they actively discourage mediocre or less than stellar students. I cannot say the same for LSE.

Yes I think I can based my conclusion on pure statistics, I can so whatever I want.
Original post by ida3388
Yes I think I can based my conclusion on pure statistics, I can so whatever I want.

Yes, true. A poor argument is still an argument. :smile:
Original post by christineyunka
I think LSE asks a lot from students in their personal statement which is arguably very demanding because they don't have interviews due to large application numbers worldwide and use PS instead of interviews. But Oxbridge have interviews and they tend to interview a high percentage of applicants e.g Cambridge around 80% but they later eliminate lots after the interview and give offers to a smaller percentage of people but not as low a percentage as lse tbh. I have an offer from lse Econ and had a Cambridge interview but Cambridge has a 14% success rate than lse at 10%. I think it makes sense to use statistics.

LSE entry standards are lower. It is easier to "beat" poor performing students. Applicants are not chosen at random. You must use the statistics wisely.

Here are some statistics:
http://www.theguardian.com/education/table/2013/jun/03/university-league-table-2014

Entry standards are very important in determining which is "easier" to get into.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by gouratiltzen
LSE entry standards are lower. It is easier to "beat" poor performing students. Applicants are not chosen at random. You must use the statistics wisely.

Here are some statistics:
http://www.theguardian.com/education/table/2013/jun/03/university-league-table-2014

Entry standards are very important in determining which is "easier" to get into.

Entry standards are the same, A*AA for my course anyway.
Original post by christineyunka
It is easy to beat low performing students at any uni, and nobody chooses applicants at random. What's your point?

Check the statistics; LSE accepts lower performing students compared to Cambridge. It is a fact. And it is acknowledged by virtually every newspaper.

"low performing" at Cambridge is different from "low performing" at LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending