The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Decision After 'Among the strongest in the admissions cycle' email

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ida3388
Entry standards are the same, A*AA for my course anyway.

No, I'm not talking about the entry requirements. I'm talking about the level of grades that the students actually attain. Cambridge accepts higher performing students compared to LSE.

Check the statistic called "entry tariff". It demonstrates this. Here you go:

"Average entry tariff means the typical Ucas scores of students:
Cambridge: 610
LSE: 542"
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by christineyunka
Omg, you are really obnoxious! Just because some people like to use stats to form their own opinion doesn't mean others accept it, and likewise with your newspaper sources. Use your sources "wisely" please. I personally would have a big dilemma as to where I would go if I have my Cambridge offer. It would be hard to pick between LSE Econ and Cambridge Econ.

Your personal attack on me does not change the fact that LSE accepts lower performing applicants on average compared to Cambridge.

Using a raw statistic such as applicants to places is not reflective of the difficulty of entry. The quality of the applicants is the important factor here.

Try to get used to backing up your arguments with reason rather than personal attack! :smile:
Reply 22
Any offers/rejections after this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by james8821
Any offers/rejections after this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a law offer on 19th (Thursday), which is 2 weeks into the 5-week mail saying you are one of the strongest.

I am international and mature, intending to read a 2nd undergraduate degree.
Original post by lewhy07
I received a law offer on 19th (Thursday), which is 2 weeks into the 5-week mail saying you are one of the strongest.

I am international and mature, intending to read a 2nd undergraduate degree.

I got an offer for maths and Econ 4 weeks into the 'strongest in your cohort' email but I did read on another thread that someone got rejected after the same email.

Think people confuse the 'your application is strong enough' with the 'strongest in your cohort' email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending