The Student Room Group

Revision Tips for AS Level Sciences

Hi guys :smile: Does anyone have any tips on how to secure at least a grade B in the science AS- Levels?? I need some serious revision help :frown:
Reply 1
Hi, sciences are evil, i'm doing chemistry and biology A2 (as well as music) and got Bs in both of them, i just spent hours collecting revision from loads of different sources like textbooks, revision guides, s-cool etc, then did loads of practise papers and tried to think like the mark scheme, but get someone else to mark the papers for you, otherwise you'll go slightly easy on yourself and think you know more than you do, trust me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mark the papers yourself and if want, get someone to verify the marking if you'd like. Marking it yourself can be quite helpful though.

- I used some books cause CGP The complete course (For OCR but I think its available for other exam boards.)

- I am creating a series of videos to help with science, starting with AS level science :
www.youtube.com/alevelscientist

Also, Doing all the past papers at least twice wouldn't hurt.

- Before starting past papers, go through the content at least once.

- oh yeah, and all of that stuff ^ will not help you very much, if you procrastinate for to long.
Reply 3
Original post by fizzlaw
Hi, sciences are evil, i'm doing chemistry and biology A2 (as well as music) and got Bs in both of them, i just spent hours collecting revision from loads of different sources like textbooks, revision guides, s-cool etc, then did loads of practise papers and tried to think like the mark scheme, but get someone else to mark the papers for you, otherwise you'll go slightly easy on yourself and think you know more than you do, trust me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right. Thank you and well done!
Reply 4
Original post by davidtyoember
Mark the papers yourself and if want, get someone to verify the marking if you'd like. Marking it yourself can be quite helpful though.

- I used some books cause CGP The complete course (For OCR but I think its available for other exam boards.)

- I am creating a series of videos to help with science, starting with AS level science :
www.youtube.com/alevelscientist

Also, Doing all the past papers at least twice wouldn't hurt.

- Before starting past papers, go through the content at least once.

- oh yeah, and all of that stuff ^ will not help you very much, if you procrastinate for to long.

Thank you and I'll be sure to check out your videos :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest