The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lunch, then back into uni with lampmann and pavia, shriver and atkins and my NMR spectra & lecture notes. If by 3pm, i'm getting nowhere, i'm off to whine at a postgrad
Okay, given an 'answer booklet' for labs, filled in all the answers, drew graphs blah blah. Go to hand in. 'online only' whaaaaaaaaat.

So now I have to type it all up. ffs.
My diss supervisor said that my lit review was really good :biggrin: I'm so happy, because I was sat outside listening to her ripping apart the review of the girl before me and I was expecting a similar fate...
Reply 43
Original post by Serentonin
Okay, given an 'answer booklet' for labs, filled in all the answers, drew graphs blah blah. Go to hand in. 'online only' whaaaaaaaaat.

So now I have to type it all up. ffs.

Same thing happened to me with my genetics report, file ended up being too big to upload so stressful :mad:
The good news: I'm at 5,100/5000 words.
The bad news: I still have another point to go.
4000 word essay is in progress (never thought i would say this but wish it was 5000! too many ideas to fit in :frown: )
Cut enough words out to fit in my final point. However I've lost all motivation to actually write it. Feels like I've written all 5000 words in one go.
So, I've just come back from a volunteer shift at our departmental museum.

For the next 3 years, I've been put in charge of the Egyptian collection that we maintain, which means doing all the things like cleaning, researching, displays etc.

I HAVE A MUMMY! It's called George (actually Amhose, but George is cooler), it's nearly 6,000 years old and it's so awesome!!!!!

This is literally the best thing ever. Like, I can't put into words how ridiculously excited I am about this :biggrin:
organic chemistry is killing me. send help.
Anyone who does essay exams a lot...a question if you don't mind (have only had one so far and knew the brief topic beforehand so was easy to revise for...first year was mostly MCQs and short answers and coursework :erm:)

We get a choice of three questions, one of which we have an hour to write an essay about..this is 60% of every module. Do you
1) revise everything, even if it means some of your knowledge isn't as deep as you would like.
2) revise most things, with depth on a few bits you think will come up
3) just revise a few things in depth and hope it'll be one of the three.

I honestly don't know how to do it, and I can't see that revising the whole module with a bit of extra reading is gonna keep my first, but I'm worried if I choose 2 or 3 I'll end up not knowing how to answer any of the three questions well. ****. HELP.
Anyone who does essay exams a lot...a question if you don't mind (have only had one so far and knew the brief topic beforehand so was easy to revise for...first year was mostly MCQs and short answers and coursework :erm:)

We get a choice of three questions, one of which we have an hour to write an essay about..this is 60% of every module. Do you
1) revise everything, even if it means some of your knowledge isn't as deep as you would like.
2) revise most things, with depth on a few bits you think will come up
3) just revise a few things in depth and hope it'll be one of the three.

I honestly don't know how to do it, and I can't see that revising the whole module with a bit of extra reading is gonna keep my first, but I'm worried if I choose 2 or 3 I'll end up not knowing how to answer any of the three questions well. ****. HELP.

How many topics are there in the modules that you have to write the essay for?
Original post by .snowflake.
How many topics are there in the modules that you have to write the essay for?

Unlike most of my modules which have maybe 3 or 4 recurring ones, microbio this year has been really jumpy with loads of guest lecturers, so about 15 :erm:
Unlike most of my modules which have maybe 3 or 4 recurring ones, microbio this year has been really jumpy with loads of guest lecturers, so about 15 :erm:

if it's a 3/4 main topics type module, learn two of them. If its microbio, then 5? I know theres a mathsy way of determining how many you need to do...
My brain obviously doesn't function properly.
Reply 54
my group for our presentation tomorrow haven't done anything it's so frustrating we all have a fair amount of work to do this week, but as they haven't done anything it's making more work for me to do :sad: ffs
Finished and submitted my final coursework of the year. Ended up being 2,747 words for the second half of the project, so only just inside the 10% margin allowed but I'd already chopped out about 200 words and really couldn't find any more to go.
Original post by lilGem
my group for our presentation tomorrow haven't done anything it's so frustrating we all have a fair amount of work to do this week, but as they haven't done anything it's making more work for me to do :sad: ffs

That's really unfair. It's called group work for a reason. This is why I think unis shouldn't use group work... It's very rare to get a truly fair project done work wise. When I did mine I was very lucky to have a group of 6 others who all contributed equally, but I know for the majority... that just isn't the case :/

Hope you get it done and are rewarded for your efforts :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by snailsareslimy
That's really unfair. It's called group work for a reason. This is why I think unis shouldn't use group work... It's very rare to get a truly fair project done work wise. When I did mine I was very lucky to have a group of 6 others who all contributed equally, but I know for the majority... that just isn't the case :/

Hope you get it done and are rewarded for your efforts :smile:

I know!

I may have a talk with my seminar tutor about it if I get the chance to beforehand
Original post by lilGem

Nothing worse than people who don't contribute. I hate carrying people too! :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by addylad
Nothing worse than people who don't contribute. I hate carrying people too! :smile:

and to top it off today the person who I've liked for a number of years is breaking my heart again :frown: always good when he tells you he loves you then changes his mind :cry2:

just want to go home tbh

Latest