The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend... question to all guys...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nic-nac
You seem to be the shy kind of person that wouldn't approach guys. I was just like you 4 years ago. The problem here is that the nice guys (there are some out there) that you would like and who would like you, are also to shy to approach girls. So hardly anyone like this approaches the opposite gender. Trust me, there are guys out there that would be interested in you. But if their confidence is low, they might not bother thinking of you in that way if they don't think they stand a chance and certainly wouldn't start flirting with you. There was a guy I met, we got along well, I quite liked him, but assumed he only liked me as a friend. After knowing him 3 months and thinking he liked me more than the other girls from where we met, but assuming he was the shy type that wouldn't ask me out, I took the plunge and asked him out! I was awake the whole night before, planning exactly what to send him in a message and how to recover from rejection, by coming up with excuses, saying my message was a mistake. And I only sent it because I knew that I could easily avoid ever seeing him, if I would be too embarrassed to face him, which I probably would've been if he rejected me. 2 and a half years later, we're still together.

Aw, this put a smile on my face:smile: I hope your relationship continues to go strong.
Reply 21
Original post by HelpMeRhonda
Aw, this put a smile on my face:smile: I hope your relationship continues to go strong.
Good :h: By age 17, I'd gone through high school being bullied by guys for being fat and ugly. I had no confidence and thought that I would be a crazy cat lady forever. Then I met this guy, who was pretty much the first guy to be nice to me and fell in love.
Someone who smiles at me, laughs at my ****ty jokes, is easy to talk to, shares some interests and doesn't judge me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending