The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Remember how the Manu thread started? lol. So much win.
Original post by Mr.Messy

I had tears in my eyes by goal 24 lol, it was kind of suffering and reminiscing at the same time throughout the other 8 minutes. Watching this guy was basically my childhood, my life will be incomplete if he retires without a league title. Either way, I know we've all gone hyper with the Suarez love lately, but this guy is levels above and Suarez has a decade of service left before you can compare him to Steven Gerrard.
Reply 23
IN
Reply 24
Original post by So Instinct
I think we did the thread justice, you?

Haha definitely. Even the mod was loving it, last time I did something like that I got a **** load of warnings :biggrin:

Hi, please makea new LFC thread then I shall edit my last post to include the link to the new post. Thanks.

Also, spam isn't cool but dammmnnnnn :love:
Yeah, great first post by the way Mr. Messy,
Reply 26
Stats for the last thread.

Zerforax 1,320
Deshi 605
The Rusty Spork 493
So Instinct 473
Straight up G 452
jam277 409
CameronHayward 397
Mr.Messy 346
mr tim 314
kuks 311

Zerf you monster, it's weird- doesn't even feel like you post that much..

Most are just him posting things he read on the news when the thread goes on its 1 week hiatus due to nothing interesting happening.

At least it's not like the manchester City thread. That is a ghosttown 99.5% of the time. Thought that the Chelsea thread goes just as fast as this thread.
Original post by Straight up G
Around 100 pages was just an Ozil jizz fest. The 100 pages before were about the Villa defeat. The rest is just standard ****

:rofl: that thread is so funny. The meltdowns on that thread are legendary.
Original post by Deshi
Haha definitely. Even the mod was loving it, last time I did something like that I got a **** load of warnings :biggrin:

We're all the same deep down.
Reply 28
We might have got Zerf fired though with those last few pages

:rip:
Reply 29
I had tears in my eyes by goal 24 lol, it was kind of suffering and reminiscing at the same time throughout the other 8 minutes. Watching this guy was basically my childhood, my life will be incomplete if he retires without a league title. Either way, I know we've all gone hyper with the Suarez love lately, but this guy is levels above and Suarez has a decade of service left before you can compare him to Steven Gerrard.

Have watched that video so many times. Gerrard retiring is going to be heartbreaking
Original post by Deshi
Have watched that video so many times. Gerrard retiring is going to be heartbreaking

Gerrard was pretty much the reason why I first had an interest in Liverpool and then why I started supporting the club. :smile:
Original post by Deshi

I've watched similar ones ofc, never that particular one. His earlier goals are so good, genuine touch of genius about him. Amazing dribbling, awareness, shooting. He matured into the best midfielder (maybe player? Zidane thought so) in the world at his peak. Kinda lucky to have watched him grow, I remember a lot of the goals from number 30 onwards. This club won't be the same without him, watching football won't be the same.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27

:rofl: that thread is so funny. The meltdowns on that thread are legendary.

Mate I think I've never wanted anything more than a 3-0 Arsenal defeat tonight, just so I can see the meltdown on there. It would be the best thing ever.
Reply 33
Mate I think I've never wanted anything more than a 3-0 Arsenal defeat tonight, just so I can see the meltdown on there. It would be the best thing ever.

I don't even hate them any more since they no longer waste a CL spot anymore, but the reaction if they lose
3-0, you can make a movie on it. :lol:
What is the club goals record?
Original post by Deshi

Should get a statue imo.
Reply 36
Stats for the last thread.

Zerforax 1,320
Deshi 605
The Rusty Spork 493
So Instinct 473
Straight up G 452
jam277 409
CameronHayward 397
Mr.Messy 346
mr tim 314
kuks 311

Zerf you monster, it's weird- doesn't even feel like you post that much..

Original post by Mr.Messy
Thanks mate, had no clue how to get this. :lol:

First time in the top 10 for me. Zerf tho, always. :shakecane:

I think I've been top poster for all the LFC threads so far except for the first thread :colondollar:
Reply 37
I've watched similar ones ofc, never that particular one. His earlier goals are so good, genuine touch of genius about him. Amazing dribbling, awareness, shooting. He matured into the best midfielder (maybe player? Zidane thought so) in the world at his peak. Kinda lucky to have watched him grow, I remember a lot of the goals from number 30 onwards. This club won't be the same without him, watching football won't be the same.

Between 2005-2009 You could easily make a case for him being the most COMPLETE midfielder/player in the world.

No-one in world football I like as much. Will be devastated when he retires, and will shed some manly tears most likely. Obviously some oldies might disagree but greatest ever Liverpool player for me.

Imagining a Liverpool without Gerrard is depressing, him and Carragher have (were for Carragher) been a constant at Liverpool for as long as I've watched.
Original post by Deshi
Between 2005-2009 You could easily make a case for him being the most COMPLETE midfielder/player in the world.

No-one in world football I like as much. Will be devastated when he retires, and will shed some manly tears most likely. Obviously some oldies might disagree but greatest ever Liverpool player for me.

Imagining a Liverpool without Gerrard is depressing, him and Carragher have (were for Carragher) been a constant at Liverpool for as long as I've watched.

Agree. Even if recently we're a bit jaded.

On another note, you gonna change your dp when Reina leaves? :holmes:
Thierry on sky sports atm. Dropping wisdom bombs. Love listening to smart players who don't just ramble..

Latest