The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That Sky Sports presenter. Would hit.
Reply 61
Did not expect to open the old thread to those last few pages.

Good job, guys :awesome:
Reply 62
You gotta feel sorry for Rafa.. to finish your CL group with 12 points and not qualify for the knock-out rounds is painful. 12 points would have been enough in 6 out of 8 groups this year.
Reply 63
Original post by Zerforax
You gotta feel sorry for Rafa.. to finish your CL group with 12 points and not qualify for the knock-out rounds is painful. 12 points would have been enough in 6 out of 8 groups this year.

Yup, It's really unfortunate, worst thing was that they only needed one more goal. I thought they had won 1-0, but when they won 2-0 I felt really bad for them. Hopefully he wins the europa again. They didn't even go out on head to head. They went out on goal difference to arsenal, that's a real kick in the teeth.
Reply 64
So then guys, how are we feeling about the (Sunday??) match away to spurs?

I think we're a stronger team, definitely in form at the minute, but we have no Gerrard to do those ridiculous passes!

Seriously, I always watch the full 90 minutes, and he's pirlo-esque now; it's amazing.

But anyways, I think we SHOULD beat spurs, but Liverpool are pros at making things difficult and unbearable to watch :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really unfortunate for Benitez, tough group and at least they didn't disgrace themselves. If Napoli want to focus on EL they could get far quite easily.
Opened old thread - had an awesome flick through

Good work Deshi :top:
Spurs away doesn't even scare me. We're fully capable of beating them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Opened old thread - had an awesome flick through

Good work Deshi :top:

The last few pages of that thread :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Malevolent
That's really unfortunate for Benitez, tough group and at least they didn't disgrace themselves. If Napoli want to focus on EL they could get far quite easily.

I imagine he'll be told to concentrate on the league so they get CL football again for next year.

Original post by Entrepreneur123
Spurs away doesn't even scare me. We're fully capable of beating them

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've not been great against them in recent years..

2012/2013 - won at home, lost away (3 points)
2011/2012 - drew at home, lost away (1 point)
2010/2011- lost at home, lost away (0 points)
2009/2010 - won at home, lost away (3 points)
2008/2009 - won at home, lost away (3 points)

We last won away from home against Spurs in May 2008..
I imagine he'll be told to concentrate on the league so they get CL football again for next year.

If they start Soldado then I can't see them grabbing anymore than one goal in the match. With the form Suarez is in we are definitely capable of winning imo

It's Aggers 29th today.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Entrepreneur123
If they start Soldado then I can't see them grabbing anymore than one goal in the match. With the form Suarez is in we are definitely capable of winning imo

It's Aggers 29th today.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Suarez might have a Hull game-esque performance. Spurs are pretty solid in the middle of the pitch from their CBs to CMs so it won't be easy for Suarez to get time and space. With no Gerrard, if I was AVB, I'd just stick one man on Suarez for the game tbh..

Really hope we win but I'm struggling to predict a score. Although we're always the team that other teams turn their season around against (ala Hull) so I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs more than 1 against us since they've struggled to otherwise.

Hopefully no red cards this time (think Adam was sent off last season at WHL?)
Reply 72
Just noticed, post 10002 of the old thread in the car was Malena Morgan. :dice: everyday.
Reply 73
Tottenham have such a lack of width, if we can win the battles in midfield I'd fancy us to keep them out. Soldado isn't the most clinical finisher. The problem is our midfield three is likely to be Allen, Lucas and Henderson which I feel is infinitely inferior to Tottenham's. Sandro has come on leaps and bounds this season.
Original post by So Instinct
I like the look of the Napoli LB. Armero. Looks quick, bombs forward at pace.

I've got Armero at Inter Milan on Football Manager (he was already there when i joined) and his average rating is like 7.70. Obviously FM is just like real life, so we should sign him.

Tbf the past season they only won because of Bale. And at the start we were wobbly as one would expect. It's a different game now imo, they have no spark. Their only real threat will be Lennon and set pieces.
(edited 10 years ago)
1st page!! Ah wait...

Predictions for Sunday then guys? Best formation & XI?
"Fellow midfielder Jordan Henderson has bruising on his right ankle from the tackle by Kevin Nolan which resulted in the Hammers skipper being sent off and has been wearing a protective boot to ease the pressure on the joint.

However, the 23-year-old is expected to be ready for the game at White Hart Lane which is also likely to see Lucas Leiva recalled in place of Gerrard having been dropped to the bench last weekend." -Independent.

We're running out of midfielders.. May almost expect Alberto to come on at some point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by So Instinct
"Fellow midfielder Jordan Henderson has bruising on his right ankle from the tackle by Kevin Nolan which resulted in the Hammers skipper being sent off and has been wearing a protective boot to ease the pressure on the joint.

However, the 23-year-old is expected to be ready for the game at White Hart Lane which is also likely to see Lucas Leiva recalled in place of Gerrard having been dropped to the bench last weekend." -Independent.

We're running out of midfielders.. May almost expect Alberto to come on at some point.

Just put Agger or K.Toure in midfield :colondollar:
Reply 79
Original post by MJK91
1st page!! Ah wait...

Predictions for Sunday then guys? Best formation & XI?

Presuming Henderson is injured as has been reported.

-----------------Mignolet
Flanagan-----Skrtel-----Agger(c)-----Johnson
-------------Lucas-----Allen
-----Sterling-----Coutinho-----Moses
-----------------Suarez

Subs: Jones, Sakho, Kelly, Toure, Alberto, Ibe, Aspas
=======================================
Not keen on Flanagan up against Lennon and Walker, could easily get sucked into making a rash tackle by their quick change of pace. Would rather see him up against Lamela or Chadli or whoever on the left hand side. Moses hasn't had a good spell at Liverpool but this is another chance for him to try and impress in Henderson's absence. Really want him to take it and score a goal, lift his spirits up. Seems a bit unfair to drop Sakho but I would expect Agger as vice captain to start whilst Gerrard is injured.

Latest